BrianSGermain

Wingsuit Progression Discussion VIDEO

"If you honestly believe that's a small suit (again, look at the pictures) thats a big problem in my book, and safety wise, you honestly need to start revising your view on what is big and small with regards to what you coach/advise. "

Problem identified.

Ok,

That's why I don't come here that often because arguing with some people that are always around this forums is just pointless.

Jarno you are trying to "prove" what suit I was flying and you are so sure and persuasive that you even make me question my self. At this point I really don't know what I was flying so Ill try to find an answer. :S

I invite you to look at the bottom right corner of the picture you keep referring to:
https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/559426_10153291187235571_1486096952_n.jpg

Do you notice the Probase water mark? I will guess that that picture was from another event.:o

But you'r probably right, we all know you think you are always right.

I have two identical suits, one a BIG MATTRESS wish I love (Apache Jedi) and a smaller one (Apache Scorpion).

I switch suits half way in the competition to the Scorpion, I used the smallest suit in the competition. I was hoping that smaller suit with less drag would help me.

I really think there is not such a thing as the fastest suit, what can be a fast suit for a pilot with X body type and X weight might not be a fastest suit for another pilot with Y body type and Y weight.

I really don't know all the answer and I hope I will never get to the point of expending endless amounts of time pretending to win pointless arguments in a forum. Meanwhile I will be jumping, flying and doing what I love.:)
Cya
JF

Medusa

Get Killed or Die Trying!
Patent pending ATFK15456

Hi Jhonathan.

Aside from complimenting you, and telling people, the suit is 'big'. There isnt a single other point to be made. Even the one 'smaller' suit is a big one, and would have had people scratch heads just a few year ago saying 'f*ck...thats huge'.

The 'arguements' are just linked to the discussion, about whats a good progression.
And maybe Im wrong, but it strikes me as very odd to call a suit thats 'smaller' an actual 'small suit'.

Had you flown that competition in an I-Bird, Sfly Expert, Phantom....sure...thats a small suit. I'm missing the negative thing in 'an observation' that a suit flown is not 'small'.

Congratulations on your victory. As well as going into a pointless argument online, pretending to win it, and than claiming to opposite:P;)

You dont see me making negative claims or judgement calls about your love of flying, or amount of jumping. Probably would be wise to do the same the other way around.

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I'm with Jarno 100% on this. Intoning that a suit as big as an S-bird is SMALL is positively laughable. There is no point whatsoever in flying a big-ass tarp if you are going to be flying it in a dive with your arms raked so far back that your wrists almost touch (as is the case with 90 percent of all "look at me" YouTube proxy shit. Unless you are doing XRW, those suits are just worthless in my opinion. They are not fun to fly at all. They are heavy and handle like shit

Chuck

Today I learned that there are only two sizes of wingsuits: "perfectly safe and acceptable Small" and "ZOMG, you're gonna fucking die Large".

This should make my purchasing options easier in the future.

Edit: verb tense.
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

SkymonkeyONE

There is no point whatsoever in flying a big-ass tarp if you are going to be flying it in a dive with your arms raked so far back that your wrists almost touch (as is the case with 90 percent of all "look at me" YouTube proxy shit. Unless you are doing XRW, those suits are just worthless in my opinion. They are not fun to fly at all. They are heavy and handle like shit

Chuck

man you dont have a clue. terrain flying is not flocking. some of the most dangerous advice i have ever heard on the internet.

my 2 cents, the scorpion looks small by terrain flying standards. i wouldnt want to much less than that or a v4 in regards to margin of glide.

Flying really close to stuff without your arms back and at full glide is a really good way to die. Having a lot of reserve if you wind up low is mandatory for anyone who wants to terrain fly.

I remember Jhonnys frustration with big suits just a few years ago, and his inability to feel like he was in control of them. Put a thousand jumps on them, and hes one of the best pilots in the world.

I remember taking Noah Banson out when we first had X1s, and showing him how to dive the suit and make it go fast. Add a couple thousands jumps again, now hes also one of the best around.

The moral of the story is the more you fly, the better you are, but no one wants to put in any time anymore. I love my big suits, and I also cant wait to get a swift and start skydiving again and playing around in the sky, because thats also fun.

And also, my colugo and aura dont exactly handle like shit ;) I do love that we are back to arguing constantly in the wingsuit forum, its gotten a bit dull for the last couple of years. But what do I know, im average at best, and no one will even sell me a classic!

johnmatrix

Thanks for posting.
I'm curious, did you have the same look of tranquility on your face during this one as you did during this earlier video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU6iN1QLH50

Or was it more like:
:| .... >:( .... :o ....

Funny!
It was more like the look on my face in this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-17AHJQQ8fA
Instructional Videos:www.AdventureWisdom.com
Keynote Speaking:www.TranscendingFEAR.com
Canopies and Courses:www.BIGAIRSPORTZ.com