garef001

Which audible?

ive got a protrack, but if i was in your position (i.e. not already having one) i would get the neptune. along with being a little cheaper, it also offers more options and doubles as a digital altimeter. you can find a ton of posts on both the devices.

.-.

it also offers more options and doubles as a digital altimeter

My only thing there is what good is an AUDIBLE if its strapped to your wrist... I mean yeah its a cool feature but kinda pointless if your just looking afor an audible!! just my .02 though!!
Freedom of speech includes volume

the difference in price is only $20 so i am not factoring that. My primary use for this would as an audible inside my helmet. i am also running win98 and i noticed that the neptune is compatible with 2000 or xp. is that correct? i had heard that the netpune had some issues, have they been worked out? and why is it that most people have a protrac?

Thanasi

I think more people have a protrack becase before the neptune it was and still is the best audible (thats just my opinion folks...no flaming!!) plus the customer service of L&B is hard to beat...Of coarse I havnt used a neptune so I really cant compare... but I can tell you I love my protrack!! If it aint broke dont fix it!!

hey Its lunch time!!!

jason
Freedom of speech includes volume

Yes, the Neptune still has a few problems, but many were fixed in v1.21, and most will be fixed in v2.0.
But if you just need something that beeps, think Dytter

“- - Sumo is the greatest of sports. It has power, grace, speed and cluture. And most importantly, two fat bastards smacking the shit out of each other. ”

I have the original TimeOut. It works fine. If it finally breaks I'll get a prodytter. I just don't get why people need a protrack or the others like it - unless you just like to spend cash that is. Who cares about that information - what matters it how the skydive went...