hjumper33

Birdman Classic, who has one

sky12345

i want 2 hear the correct def of g.r. from giselle martins
in her teeny tinny micky mouse voice

giselle where r u when we need u??!!!!!!!

:D

Careful with that, man... I hear that if you say her name out loud three times while looking in a mirror, she appears and makes non-sensical pronouncements about wingsuit flying (because she's a paraglider pilot and fashion model) while simultaneously insulting everyone in the thread.

Edited to add: I'm forwarding the audio from that link to the CIA so they can use it for additional torture while waterboarding folks.
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

in reply to "so does anyone know someone who has a classic laying around."

Yep got a Classic 2 in my private not-currently-skydiving museum .
skydived it, night jumped it , based it , used it as intro suit, modded it (experimental leg extension ) but never 3:1 'd it ...

Its still flyable, in reasonable condition.......

I used to love throwing that thing around , It did the best flat snap spin turns along flight line with no loss of relative height.
And it never frightened me like the terrified Skyflierers.

Looking back it was a smooth predictable flyer that never caused me grief.
And the deployments were a cinch compared to Vamps.

It truly is and was a Classic

in reply to "I wonder to myself if new age tracking suits will have similar performance to the classic. "

probably close. I used to be able to get good relativety in my classic 2 with people in tracking pants by shutting down the wings a bit . They were basers and for some reason we never landed on the DZ but they sure could track well.
I also had some flights with an expert tracker who used a a loosish jumpsuit. On one occassion I dropped below him on exit and couldn't get back above him (looking up too much didn't help.)

You can really hone your basics by trying to get every bit of performance out of your Classic. When faster suits started turning up though the classic just couldn't keep up.

More recently I found my V2 fairly unsuited to 3D flocking(too much speed , having to fly too shut down ) and wished I'd had my Classic on DZ. The flocks were so steep I'm guessing the Classic would have had no trouble keeping down with them ;)

About five years ago I was jumping one regularly. I got 1.6 as my best glide but was normally in the 1.3 to 1.4 range. IIRC was not much better than PF track suit. How'd you fair?

PS been jumping in your area with Adam quite a bit. Need to make jump together :)

Anything ever come of this purchase?
I just got back from Lauterbrunnen last month, (last trip there was 8 years ago) You should have seen the looks I got Jumping my Birdman s.u.i.t ;) "What the fuck is that thing?! Is that a Classic??! Awesome!" Ha, good times...
~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

Flown it a few times out of the airplane. Might take it off a very large local cliff at some point in the next year,but having a lot of fun playing with my other suits. I got a SUIT as well. Its amazing how small it feels, but very easy to fly as well, and better performance than id have thought.

While I'm not talking about a Classic, I did manage to make it onto the official Canadian wingsuit record this summer with my GTi. (The 26-way may not have been big by US standards but anyway.)

Being a still somewhat skinny 6'1" and 155lbs, I managed to keep up. Once when I got behind a lot and a bit low on a formation, it was damn hard slow work catching up, but approaching from slightly above or staying in position worked fine. I'll probably still want a new suit for any future record attempts.

You know your suit is getting old when experienced but newer wingsuit pilots ask what suit it is, you tell them it is a GTi, and they reply "huh, what?".