Mac

Performance flying: R-Bird

I'm getting some really decent times out of my R-Bird, and just wanted to gain some further suggestions from others on fine tuning my technique to attempt to squeeze further performance (time wise).

In addition, also how does your technique differ in aiming for time, compared with (a) distance flying, (b) horizontal speed?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for reply.

Yes, I have done that. What I am after is some "trade secrets" / "things I have found to help" type of tips that I may not have thought of doing in tweaking / pushing some additional performance out.

Thanks

I have a Flysight and jump at Sibson - your welcome to borrow it when I'm next there if you like (looks like the 15th Sept will be my next chance).... bring walkman headphones and it's your for the day.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Mac

Thanks.... appreciate the offer...very kind. However... I already jump a flysight, and I have used it to improve my performance up to a point, I have now run out of ideas in eeking out a bit more.

Cheers again...

Hey you're welcome .... I'll need to beg some coaching tips soon, I'm sure ... Me and my little Intro need to get back in the air (I just need to put something a little more sedate into my rig than the Katana!!)

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

how does your technique differ in aiming for time, compared with (a) distance flying, (b) horizontal speed?

My longest flights came from when I got out far from the DZ and right away had to fly hard to make it back. When I tried to fly for slower horizontal speed, even though it seemed I was falling slower, my times were not as good. My conclusion is that just trying to get the very best distance over the ground you can will also give you the best times.
Now if you really want to increase your time, try losing 10 lbs.
But what do I know?

fasted3

how does your technique differ in aiming for time, compared with (a) distance flying, (b) horizontal speed?

Now if you really want to increase your time, try losing 10 lbs.

I lost 65lbs when I started Wingsuit, the driving force being a better wing. I then gained 15lbs as I looked like I was riddled with AIDS.

I don't need to shed more weight.