base651

Intermediate upgrade from Phantom 2

Hi, im posting here as there is more traffic than basejumper.com. I'd appreciate feedback from anyone who has a good chunk of experience on a P2 and has upgraded to another intermediate suit and found an improvement in performance. Im not interested in those who have gone to the bigger suits eg vampire or colugo. More specifically id like to get another 15-20% from my next suits glide angle. Would a Havok provide this? I have 150 jumps on prodigies and 150 on p2, all in a base environment. Thanks.

I had 600 jumps on a P2 and then bought a P3 ... OH MY GOD, that suit has a lot more to it than a P2. It's faster, more strongly pressurized, more agile ... it's definitely an upgrade. I always wanted a suit between my P2 and a V3 or V4 ... the P3 is that suit.
Brian

I went from a P2 to R Bird and got big gains. Partly because the more jumps you put on a suit before you go up in size the more you can milk out of the larger suit.

I think in BASE a better but still not huge suit to aim for is along the lines of S Bird or the new Apache Scorpion. You wouldn't want to get straight on an S but you could progress to it quickly. You would also want to jump it out of a plane enough to be able to get it stable quickly.

The Apache Scorpion is the same size as an S and it performs at a similar level to the huge suits if flown correctly.
Summer Rental special, 5 weeks for the price of 4! That is $160 a month.

Try before You Buy with Wicked Wingsuits - WingsuitRental.com