splat123

V4 pull techniques

I would recommend doing a jump where you fly long periods with both your hands behind your back like you're about to pull. Do this and use the laterals of the wingsuit to balance yourself and maintain a straight line of flight. once you start becoming good at balancing yourself on the laterals you can begin to speed up the deployment so you don't have to do it for long periods of time. Also i would recommend when doing this not to shut down all the way. the reasoning for this is that if you deflate the wings all the way it becomes more difficult to balance yourself on the laterals since they are flapping rather then flying.

BMichaeli

I would recommend doing a jump where you fly long periods with both your hands behind your back like you're about to pull. Do this and use the laterals of the wingsuit to balance yourself and maintain a straight line of flight. once you start becoming good at balancing yourself on the laterals you can begin to speed up the deployment so you don't have to do it for long periods of time. Also i would recommend when doing this not to shut down all the way. the reasoning for this is that if you deflate the wings all the way it becomes more difficult to balance yourself on the laterals since they are flapping rather then flying.

Makes sense that I'm collapsing laterals with my attempts at shutting down all wings. Will give the arms back balance idea ago, thanks.

Makes sense that I am collapsing laterals with my total attempted shut down

No offence but this is a HP suit and your technique is what counts, so keep practising, I would not recommend moving on to HP suits till you can do it in your sleep. Symmetry and muscle memory key, also when you are doing long flights and your more tired you need to be confident on deployment irrelevant of suit. As the suits get bigger and more dynamic the last thing you want worry about when your tired is deployment. If your ever down Dunkeswell happy to spend sometime if you want an outside camera to see if their is anything not spotted already. Have flown most suits out there over the last 12 years; seen most things before so happy to help.:)

Dont just talk about it, Do it!

Perhaps get someone to fly outside vid for you.
You're rolling your wrist over, yes?
Might be a good idea to return to basic deployment techniques, both arms in. It's not difficult in the V4 if you're breaking at the elbow, but if you're leaving the elbow pushed forward, not so easy.
Are you stalling at deployment altitude?
Can you get your hands on a "tweener" suit such as a Ghost?

[edit: take the advantage of the post above mine if you can]

Point taken about hp suit, managed about 40 odd flights in last few weeks so feeling pretty current. Think fatigue was a problem, fly s]ight shows 181secs on 15k to 5k & after 4 jumps was happy to go back to shadow for rest of day :$. Stalling suit at opening, rolling wrist over & breaking arms at elbow. Think will got back to shadow for a few & concentrate on absolute symmetry, when the bank & account & wife have recovered from last couple of weeks:D
Vertical flyer the Well is on my list of places to vist, thanks for the offer.
Mr cat thanks for ghost offer, but think I will be a ghost if wife finds another wingsuit. ;)

splat123

Mr cat thanks for ghost offer, but think I will be a ghost if wife finds another wingsuit. ;)

Doh - just worked out who you are !!

Is that Matt's V4? Is he lending you the V5 when that arrives???
Jump more, post less.