bigbearfng

q on next suit

Background-limited funds so whatever I go with is it for a number of years.
Mostly do small flocks, but like to have range to pop back up.
230 out the door. So low 50's is about it for me now and would really like to be able to fly low 40's consistently to be able to stay up there with the light flyers.
Currently a couple hundred jumps on my SM1 after starting on an aerobat.
Considering sending the SM1 back for the S bird wings, or just pop the xtra money for an X bird.
Opinions on the best bang for the buck?
Would the Sbird upgrade be that big a diff over the SM1?
Diff from that to the X?

bigbearfng

Anyone?
OK, has anyone sent their SM1 back and had the Sbird update done-what did you think-worth it? Differences?
Anyone gone from an SM1 to an Xbird?
Thanks for any replies/help with the decision!

I know that a buddy of mine (Kyle) was going to send his Raptor in to get the Bird modification. He tried a R Bird first and was so blown away he decided to get a new suit instead of just the mod.

I have been having a total blast in the new TonySuit Apache Scorpion. It is a mini-Apache that is about the size of an S Bird but with the performance of an Apache\V5 suit. More agile and more forgiving in my opinion.

At one point this was the S2 but it has been rebranded because it is really using more Apache technology than S-Bird. I expect it will be on the order form very, very soon.
Summer Rental special, 5 weeks for the price of 4! That is $160 a month.

Try before You Buy with Wicked Wingsuits - WingsuitRental.com

bigbearfng

Anyone?
OK, has anyone sent their SM1 back and had the Sbird update done-what did you think-worth it? Differences?
Anyone gone from an SM1 to an Xbird?
Thanks for any replies/help with the decision!

I asked Tony via email roughly a year ago about the details of this mod, and he told me he was no longer doing it. Though best to confirm with TS yourself rather than take my word for it. :)
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I went from an SM1 to an X-bird no issues. I really loved the S-bird Oscar let me try. They are both an improvement over the SM-1.

You should look up Dennis Sattler @ perris and see what he did to one of his old SM-1 to make it more like an S- bird since Tony Factory no longer does the mach to bird mod.