notsane

Flock and Dock 10

I know this is early, but a lot of people want to get the dates on their calendar as soon as possible.

April 3 - 6, 2014 will cap an entire decade of wingsuiting fun at Skydive City in Zephyrhills, FL.

This year we will be enforcing a minimum number of wingsuit jumps depending on the group size. Smaller groups will still be available for learning the skills.

And speaking of learning, we will be running a skills camp in the days leading up to the event.

More details later.

Come and join us at Skydive Wingsuit City!

This year we will be enforcing a minimum number of wingsuit jumps depending on the group size. Smaller groups will still be available for learning the skills.

Have those numbers been determined yet? If so, please post them. Just curious.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

April 3 - 6, 2014 will cap an entire decade of wingsuiting fun at Skydive City in Zephyrhills, FL.

Just requested time off from work..I only missed one of the events (including all the x.5 events) and will not let that happen again!

A must attend event!
Z-Flock 8
Discotec Rodriguez

Too bad weapons grade stupidity doesn't lead to sterility.

*starts counting emergency leftover coin stash*

*gets all excited and bounces up and down for a bit*

*perches on chair briefly just for practice*

*checks supplies of birdseed and pineapple juice*

Ok I'm in.

-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

Is there gonna be high altitude? I LIKE high al-
Ugh.
Who am I kidding? That last one almost tore me arms off.
-B

Yes, but you broke 5 minutes IIRC.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I heard a rumor that inside the FND 10 goodie bag there will ge a pair of Wonder Woman bullet deflecting bracelets.

Definitely a must for FnD these days.

...Yeah, 5:36, rather disappointed actually which is why I wasn't exactly runnin' around hootin' about it afterward. Besides, you saw how much damage that effort cost me, could barely stand or walk rest of the day.

I'd been (unrealistically) hoping for closer to 7, figuring I can get 4 with 10k descent, so gimme a 20k ft descent would double that, subtract a minute from the expectation just cause I was out of practice, what I hadn't taken into account was how much strength I was losing over a 6 month winter of inactivity. I held up ok till around 5:00 after that I was almost falling limp out of the sky and more concerned with surviving the dive than caring how well I performed for the rest of it, pulled high. And it ruined my flying for the rest of the day. Lesson learned- Next time I probably won't bother with a high-alti unless I'm at top fighting shape and whatever shape I was in when I made the jump it wasn't THAT.
-B

Have these numbers been set? if so, please share.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

notsane

It's my pleasure to announce the opening of registration for Flock and Dock 10.0! This marks 10 unbelievable years of wingsuit flocking and fun at Zephyrhills, FL April 3 - 6, 2014.

This event promises to be EPIC in every sense of the word!

Be there! Sign up now ... http://flockndock10.eventbrite.com/

Registered yesterday.

C7JM

Don't know how I'm getting there, where I'm staying, what college work i'll miss, but I'm registered and will be there :D

It is in the spring next year, plenty of time to figure that stuff out..... Just make it happen! ;)

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Probably going to have to blow off work and hitchhike again, do the skybum thing and throw a tent out back, but I get to so many events that way. I'll get to this one.
I'm in. Registered. This'll be my 6th Fnd. Only boogies I've caught more have been Tiki bar at Lebanon, (10 years straight) and Pepperell's boogie at my own home dz, (8 years, was overseas or busy and missed a couple).
Time flies.
-B