Mikki_ZH

new V5 from Phoenix Fly

Here a short report of my first flights with the new V5 from Phoenix Fly. About 98% or my Wingsuit jumps are BASE Jumps, but maybe this info is also usefull to people who only intend to skydive the suit.
I got the chance to do my first jumps on my new V5 from Phoenix Fly this weekend at a terminal wall in Italy, Brento.
I did between 150 and 200 jumps on my V4 so I can only compare it with that suit. Some of the most notable differences to the V4 are the much faster inflation. This is maybe not so important for Skydiving but also the armwings and the legwing are thicker and you feel the difference to the V4 in how fast they inflate and how rigid the wing feels. There is no booty sticking out, the whole bottom surface is very flat. On my first 2 jumps I tried to work to much in the suit and I was slipping around a bit. On my third jump I relaxed and just tried to adapt to the shape of the suit and it was much better. On my fourth jump I also tried to fly steeper and with more speed the suit is very stable. The glide was better after this 4 jumps than on my V4 and the speed was also good. I have to check my fly site to compare speed on my V4 and my V5.
I am very happy with this suit, I think it is another step up in performance compared to the V4. It is a suit for advanced pilots, not a suit for beginners or jumpers who want to take a shortcut and not do the necessary preparation. It will take me some more jumps to have the full bucket but I'm already happy now.
Nice new toy to start the 2013 season:)
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

More agile? It's meant to go faster right? And more responsive as well? The V4 was like a jet fighter, loads of powerful speed and carving turns, real linear, not washy and mushy like most suits. Is the V5 even more like that?
You would have had a few flights Jarno... Give us a detailed description of how she flies compared to the V4. It's more refinement of the design, but describe this flight and the difference in feel. I'm waiting for my V5 and Viper to arrive, and it would be great to have something to day dream about while I wait...

We'll have more info on the web soon. But basically we're getting a dramatic increase in performance (speed/distance) with the same size, but different design/shape/profile of the wings/suit.

In short, its like the V4 with an afterburner installed.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Awesome. But not just straight line speed right? When you point the nose at the ground, lean it over and pull into a turn, it leaves your stomach somewhere behind you and above you right? Thats the feeliing I love about my V4, when that speed gets turned into a hard and fast turning carve, with a couple of mates in formation... not much better.

Being able to carve harder, faster, and with more speed, all good things! Forecast is rain here tomorrow... finally some clouds!

With agility and manouvrebillity being the #1 asset on the V4, of course its safe to say the V5 will not trade in any of those abilities. Robert has updated the suit in a way that keeps the same qualities but pushes performance and steering one step further.

We're shooting a short introduction video showcasing all the updates and changes this week in Slovenia
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?