Jumpalot

Mirage G4 vs G4.1

Hi,

This is maybe a stupid question. Sorry in advance.

But I am thinking of buying a new rig, a Mirage (the best!!). I have seen in various places advertised:
- The Mirage G4
- The Mirage G4.1

Is there a difference, if any?? Thanks for your help. ;)

Ciao
Jumpalot

hy i have mirage G4.1
i don't know if they do them anymore. maybe it's still G4.1 but the cut in backpad is different than of first G4.1s
the difference between G4 and G4.1 are:

-fancy leg straps are added only if you state so, otherwise you get normal bungee cord like at G3
-the shape of the container is less curved at the bottom. that way you can downsize and still have more or less wrinkless container.
-riser covers are the same as G3 riser covers (they don't tuck under the reserve as at G4

about the current version (i don't know if it's called G4.2 or is it still G4.1) but the cut in backstrap is now actually sewed, while at G4.1 and G4 it's only elastic that can be removed.

But as said before contact mirage, they can give you the most details and customer service is exellent.
"George just lucky i guess!"

i think you're getting hmm let's see... the latest version ;)

If not specified differently, i guess G4.1 with sewed cut in back pad (maybe that's already G4.2 i don't know)

What am I getting?

cartman: hmm let's see what am i getting? Woow an ultravibe pleasure 2000.
stan: what's that
cartman: i don't know, but it sounds pretty cool B|
"George just lucky i guess!"

The 4.1 has the elastic "body hugging" laterals (Which I find very nice), UNLESS you request the cut in laterals. The cut in's would be useless to me as the rig I have is smaller than the width of my body.

It also has the secondary riser covers somewhat like the Vector 3 and Infinity.

The Unysyn harness is quite comfortable, and I especially like the velcroless pull out mine came with. I *think* the throw out version w/ the freefly handle comes with something similar.

I was skeptical about the Main D Bag, but I have come to like the design. The Bag is actually wider at the top than the mouth, so the velcroless "split bag" works well. I've never had a problem with a traditional 4 gromet bad, and likewise this 3 gromet "split" bag has been no problem at all.

Mirage has also shifted to the DJ-SSA Stainless Steel friction adapter for the leg straps. I LIKE THIS BUCKLE!! It is well designed piece of hardware, and I only know of one other manufacture using it (VSE). I've never liked the Capewell manufactured stainless buckle, it has slipage issues, and I don't think the French built 2 piece (SP-88?) works well either.

Over all I like the Mirage G4. It is a bit more of a struggle to pack the reserve than the rigs I started packing on, but then I'm a relatively "young" rigging student, so my frustration level comes a bit sooner. I find that learning under someone willing to share their "bag of tricks" is helping! (Thanks Ryan, Kim, and Larry!)

Class dismissed!:ph34r::D:ph34r:
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.