sobras89

New wingsuiter!

Hello everyone! Nice to meet you all, I'm a soon to be new wingsuiter. I really got into this sport to one day finally be able to wing suit. I've got 170 jumps and am trying to get some information for the future (Im not trying to rush into anything, I have my whole life ahead of me to do this, but its been my dream since day 1 to get into any suit

1) what should my WS progression look like? my goal is to touch every possibility in this discipline, but for now i just want to learn how to fly and fly small suits to their limit.

I weigh 170 ish
5'8

I know that wicked wing suits rents out suits, what would be your recommendation as to buy/rent etc on WS?

I know that in the end i'll have a plethora of suits in my closet to chose from, but for beginning, I've heard the T-Bird or R-Bird? not sure, just looking for some advice =)

Just my 2 cents, you should check with your first flight instructor or school after you decide on a suit but before you pay for it, just to make sure it's SUITable :) for a beginners. It would suck to shell out all that dough just to find out you chose a suit that is too big ya know.

I am just starting as well. I am lucky to be able to rent a beginner suit by the jump or by the day at the DZ. If you have more than one DZ in the area, check out your options. You might also find a friend that might rent a suit out to you for a period of time. Start getting to know people and make friends, even if you are still short of 200 jumps.

Most of the suit makers have their products lined up by experience and skill level on their web sites. Tonysuit I-Bird, T-Bird, R-Bird, etc is shown with suggested min flights per suit for each level. Your mileage may vary.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

Just my 2 cents, you should check with your first flight instructor or school after you decide on a suit but before you pay for it, just to make sure it's SUITable :) for a beginners. It would suck to shell out all that dough just to find out you chose a suit that is too big ya know.

This.
Any school or instructor worth a nickel will have suits. Different suits have different issues. Show up with a suit that is inappropriate for you, it'll breed frustration for each of you.
That's why we have Prodigies, Intro's, P3's and P2's, plus a smattering of others for certain uses.

Don't worry about getting a suit until you have done your FFC. That would be like buying your first canopy without having done AFF. Then try suits before you buy, if you pick right you will have it a long time.
Summer Rental special, 5 weeks for the price of 4! That is $160 a month.

Try before You Buy with Wicked Wingsuits - WingsuitRental.com