The111

Breaking news

Curious wording in the press release

I have never been sewing suits

I have seen good quality and so much of bad quality that I almost threw in the towel but working with professionals finally

Starting a new company (birdman® seems to be a different company/trademark than the previous Inc. and Oy. version? But perhaps Im missing something) with a kick in the back to former working partners seems like an odd thing to do.

The jeans, underwear and belt buckles didnt seem to work that well, but interested in what the watch may bring to the market...:P
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Curious wording in the press release

I have never been sewing suits

I have seen good quality and so much of bad quality that I almost threw in the towel but working with professionals finally

Starting a new company (birdman® seems to be a different company/trademark than the previous Inc. and Oy. version? But perhaps Im missing something) with a kick in the back to former working partners seems like an odd thing to do.

The jeans, underwear and belt buckles didnt seem to work that well, but interested in what the watch may bring to the market...:P

Gives almost as much good vibes as your comment to it. Why wouldn't you all manufacturer representants just concentrate on what you are doing, and not to what someone else is saying...

V

"Fear is the path to the Dark side"
(Master Yoda)

Starting a new company (birdman® seems to be a different company/trademark than the previous Inc. and Oy. version?

If you look at the page on the Blade III;
"All BIRDMAN® wingsuits are manufactured and sold under licese by Risk Control Corp. Please contact Mr. Shin Ito for wingsuit inquiries: risk (at) rondo.plala.co.jp"
It would appear to be a licensing of the brand as applies to WS.

wtf is quattro wing???

I will take a WAG at it. The quattro wing is because it is considered to have 4 wings.
2 armwings, 2 legwings (legwing + butt wing flying in biplane)

I might be wrong, but this is the only thing I can imagine by seeing the "plan" of the suit
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

so how many ws manuf. do we have now? (add if i missed smth)

tonysuits
phoenix fly
fly your body
squirrel
birdman
intrudair
aliensuits
nitro rigging

thats 8!!!

and whats the total market? 1000 suits/year? 2000? 10000?

thats crazy! with every new manufacturer the old ones get ever smaller piece of pie.. as a result prices go up.. soon enough we'll see $3K price tags - NOT GOOD FOR CONSUMERS!!

thats crazy! with every new manufacturer the old ones get ever smaller piece of pie.. as a result prices go up.. soon enough we'll see $3K price tags - NOT GOOD FOR CONSUMERS!!

Maybe you should revisit that Micro Econ 101 book eh?

I seem to recall something about competition for market share driving prices down.
Apex BASE

so how many ws manuf. do we have now? (add if i missed smth)

tonysuits
phoenix fly
fly your body
squirrel
birdman
intrudair
aliensuits
nitro rigging

thats 8!!!

and whats the total market? 1000 suits/year? 2000? 10000?

Nah.

I'd say the market is growing fast enough for all of those companies to keep expanding even with an extra player or two - and just saying 'holy cow there are 8 manufacturers and x000 only suit sales' doesn't paint a fair picture.

Nitro, Alien and Intrudair are tiny and I'd be amazed if they suddenly broke through in terms of sales, FYB sell to French people and a hard core of fans, Squirrel will do well in BASE but not really aimed at the skydiver side of things (for now at least), Birdman could do pretty well on the back of their old cachet but the name isn't what it used to be and that still leaves the two behemoths of PF and Tony hoovering up the large majority of customers.

That's how I see it anyway, but if any of the manufacturers want to share some trade secrets I'm all ears;)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

wtf is quattro wing???

It's a result of the same principle that has been governing disposable razor design for the past decade or so.

You mean like the new razors that have a little battery and vibrate when you use them?????

Talk about a way to get more women into wingsuiting.:D
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity