jakee

New PF V-range?

Sure, the whole ban sucks. But unless all this stupid stuff stops, that isnt going to change and only get worse in the near or far future.

Instead of just saying 'yea...that wasnt to bright' you're all getting angry and point and shout 'other disciplines do stupid things as well'. Why not just look at what caused this, and try to fix that problem?

As to the thread title. Got to fly the PF Viper indoors in a horizontal windtunnel yesterday. Awesome fun!

Facebook
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Instead of just saying 'yea...that wasnt to bright' you're all getting angry and point and shout 'other disciplines do stupid things as well'. Why not just look at what caused this, and try to fix that problem?

Because that's not how wingsuiters do things. It's usually more important to demand who/where vs why/how.

There are other DZs considering banning wingsuits, and not all of them in the USA. Wingsuits at their best, create unique issues for DZ operations. Toss in stupid people that "are free no matter what, dammit" and it affects us all. It's easier to point a finger vs participating in a solution.

got 1 jump in with a buddy in his viper, me in my apache x. he had less than 5 jumps on it, tho thousands of wing suit jumps. got out of the plane after him and was still workin my way down to him when he started to really fly the suit so took me a second to match him and ended up just below him. my fly sight, which is set to 3.5, was giving me the 'victory tone' and he didnt pull away for about 20-30 seconds of that going on then all the sudden he found a sweet spot and started to pull away from me vertically and horizontally!

im a bit taller but also probably 40 pounds heavier with a much thinner air foil , so my suit likes to build a bit more speed before going for my most efficient flight but i was still nothing but impressed with what i saw from that suit...cant wait for mine!

Surprised myself hardly anyone has posted on the Viper. Just got my Viper and will post further details post next few jumps only made one jumps so far. But impressions so far. Out the door this is the highest pressurised wing I have ever experienced, felt extraordinary, I usually fly a Venom and V4 also have previously an X Wing, GS1 and all the medium small stuff over the years. I have about 1100 wingsuit jumps and never flown anything like this. Forward speed was pretty high, did not have flysight but I fly an established pattern at our DZ under certain conditions and I found myself heading way further out than usual. The suit was far more responsive to any input so needed tiny inputs compared to any other wing apart from maybe my GS1 which when first flown was also a little skaty. However this can be dialled in just need to put the jumps on. My altitrack log finished after 19 secs as the log thought I had deployed as I hit 25mph descent. My Viso 2 however logged flight and showed profile split over low teens up to 25mph for the flight.
Getting flysight fitted shortly so will upload info once I have it in addition to altitrack which will now log using canopy flight setting log in addition to freefall. I would say with the size of this wing pressurization and design the 400 wingsuit jumps minimum is there for a very good reason. Overall though this looks like a lot of funa and a lot of performance, whilst only 15-20% larger than the Venom this suit fly's very differently and is far more dynamic. Will post more next weekend when I should have some more data. But this is a serious performance suit and Robi and team have designed something special. Cheers Fraser
Dont just talk about it, Do it!