jakee

New PF V-range?

Nice, new suits look cool. Hooray for continued drive to make suits better performing and safer across the board. I think its interesting that we may have indeed maxed out on the size potential of suits and are now tweaking other aspect like the V5 seems to be over the V4. I must ask, what was the tipping point for finally getting rid of the mylar in the leg wing?

im really looking forward to some insight from someone with a lot of apache experience. my order went in as soon as my dealer could get me the order form. no one has been able to give me a solid review, though i probably dont know the right people either...and havnt seen any demos around lodi. (btw wingsuits were fired last week, havnt heard of that changing anytime soon)

i have flown the squirrel, rebel and the new stuff tony is working on and nothing has convinced me to buy (currently been flying a pre production apache x.) im taking a gamble and hoping phoenix fly hit the nail on the head with viper.

Only a few people have been flying pre-production models before (basically people close to Mr Pecnik size) for internal review/testing the last few months.
The first actual production models have been hitting the streets since about last month. So it shouldnt be long untill you see more videos and talk pop up.

The templates for other sizes have had a small delay, due to Robi's finger pointing the wrong way after a landing. But everything is up and running, and the factory is working 6 days a week to bang out suits in the quality everyone is expecting!

btw wingsuits were fired last week

What happened?
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Thanks for the info

2 chops in 2 days. Bill ended up saying wingsuits aren't meant for skydiving and if you're looking for more of a thrill go play In the freeway etc etc
A colugo pilot with a short bridle - chopped
Ws pilot jumpin with a crossfire - chopped

Both landed in the main Landing area

flipwithit

Thanks for the info

2 chops in 2 days. Bill ended up saying wingsuits aren't meant for skydiving and if you're looking for more of a thrill go play In the freeway etc etc
A colugo pilot with a short bridle - chopped
Ws pilot jumpin with a crossfire - chopped

Both landed in the main Landing area

That's just some nonsense right there. Not two injuries, not two fatalities, two CUTAWAYS.

He's never had 2 cutaways in 2 days from belly jumpers? Bet you anything he has.
Apex BASE

That's just some nonsense right there.

I don't fully agree there.
Both cutaways seem to have complacency as the root cause. Both jumpers could have made smarter gear decisions, seen the type of suits they jumped.

In general we're a safe discipline, but there are (compared to other disciplines like FF and RW) so many people doing dumb things with low deployments, unsafe stunts, stupid gear choices, skimming the airplane tail, outlandings etc etc that (in the eyes of somse DZO's) make us the group that does 10% of the jumps on their DZ, but seemingly causes 50% of the hassle and negative issues.

In light of those events, I can see a DZO saying 'screw you guys...'.

2 normal cutaways are usually the result of standard packjobs that don't work accordingly. The cutaways mentioned here, seem to have a mentality problem partly at the basis as a cause.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

mccordia

That's just some nonsense right there.

I don't fully agree there.
Both cutaways seem to have complacency as the root cause. Both jumpers could have made smarter gear decisions, seen the type of suits they jumped.

In general we're a safe discipline, but there are (compared to other disciplines like FF and RW) so many people doing dumb things with low deployments, unsafe stunts, stupid gear choices, skimming the airplane tail, outlandings etc etc that (in the eyes of somse DZO's) make us the group that does 10% of the jumps on their DZ, but seemingly causes 50% of the hassle and negative issues.

In light of those events, I can see a DZO saying 'screw you guys...'.

2 normal cutaways are usually the result of standard packjobs that don't work accordingly. The cutaways mentioned here, seem to have a mentality problem partly at the basis as a cause.

While I'm not ready to quote any specific examples, I suspect that Lodi (and every other dropzone) has had a lot of (more serious) issues in the past related to complacency, without a wingsuit in sight.

Is swooping banned there too? How about CRW?

Sounds to me like he was ready to ban wingsuits and finally found a "reasonable" excuse.

I don't jump there, and I'm not personally impacted, but it's a bummer for the locals. [:/]
Apex BASE