WickedWingsuits

TonySuit Wingsuits Coach graduates!

Well, ok, actually, yeah, it kinda was. But the last time I let my head get too big, Jarno and Elana tag-teamed me HARD. You haven't been slagged till you've been slagged by a comic Dutch guy and a tiny but utterly fearless sharp-tongued Scotswoman who says exactly what she thinks, simultaneously. So you got to understand, if you wanna take a shot at me, you got some hardcore prior art to live up to. They're GOOD at it.
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

I, for one, am terribly happy that Tony decided to finally allow the creation of a "proper" manufacturer rating for his suits. I told him he needed to do that YEARS ago when he started seriously building suits. I offered to train all of the main TS people the BMI course free of charge back then and gave my course materials to Jeff so that he could have a base document to go off of. No Tony program was created, but Jeff sort of started a "WSI" rating thing and I was totally cool with it. ANY program is better than no program at all.

All things come from something. All wingsuit instruction evolved from the original BM FFC. That document was re-written by myself and Scott Campos in, what? 2001? The original PF Coach course was a very-close derivative of that BMI course. the PFC course was re-written much later by DSE and Jarno.

Wingsuit instruction (it's NOT coaching if you are teaching a new skill) is not rocket science. So long as your FFC teaches the task in a systematic manner from where you first meet the student, checking his qualifications, checking his gear, choosing a proper suit, rigging of that suit, pre-jump actions, in-plane actions, exit, flight plan, proper body position, then opening and post-opening procedures, and "unusual attitudes/ emergency procedures" then you are gonna be fine. There's a hundred ways to skin that cat, but so long as you cover all that info then your ass will be covered. This, I think, is particularly important to manufacturers. Back in the halcyon days of BirdMan wingsuits, NOBODY got to jump a suit without signing the waiver. You could jump the suit without "formal" instruction if you had over 500 jumps, but it was definitely not recommended.

I'm an examiner/ instructor for every suit manufacturer that's had a program up until now. I"m all about training. I'm stoked that Tony Suits has created an in-house program. It's just smart business.

Chuck Blue, D-12501
BMCI-4, PFC/E, S-Fly I, EG-I, etc, etc, etc.

For those of you that feel that you wrote the book on wing suiting and that this material could only be stolen, I invite you to take the course with Ben. Wicked Wingsuits will pick up the cost of entry.

LouD

we've been waiting next book of yours... now whe know why :D

HAHA, thats pretty funny. :D I was going to post a reply but thought better of it, that horse died a long time ago. Besides, everyone is an expert these days, ya can't throw a hacky without hitting one. :D
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

A very sad commentary reflective of the self important, self interested venom that defines the WS community over the past few years.

Will there ever be a day of at least mutual tolerance?
WSI-5 / PFI-51 / EGI-112 / S-Fly
The Brothers Gray Wing Suit Academy
Contact us for first flight and basic flocking courses at your DZ or boogie.
www.thebrothersgray.com