WickedWingsuits

TonySuit Wingsuits Coach graduates!

Pleased to announce the first graduating class from TonySuit Wingsuit Coach course!

Congrats to Gilaad, Ashley, Travis, Rob, Patto and Gordon!

For anyone that is interested in taking the course in the future let me know and I will put you in touch with the Examiner, Ben Lowe.
Summer Rental special, 5 weeks for the price of 4! That is $160 a month.

Try before You Buy with Wicked Wingsuits - WingsuitRental.com

Just to clarify a nasty mistruth that is being spread by a few, this course was developed from the ground up on a blank sheet of paper. Of course nothing in wingsuiting is new so the ideas are the ones we all know but there is nothing plagiarized.

Do you really think we wouldn't expect to be an easy target for such criticism?

If you believe the lie being spread then you probably believe the rest of them as well.

If those of you throwing stones really stood for safety you would be please about this direction.

First, only here to stir the pot a bit. butt seriously... Congrats to all.. on becoming Wicked Wingsuits Coaches!

Simon~ Tired to call ya a couple times, so turn ur ringer on already!

Would love to see what you guys came up with~ Surprised you didn't want any outside opinions of those that have trained, well, Most all of you though.

Theres alot of Drama, lies, and BULLSHIT flying around in the wingsuit community about all sorts of crap these days, the important thing is to figure out the people whom have been around long enough to know what the real Truth of these matters are. Id love to help you all put all of those lies and in-accuries around the entire community to bed, if possible. So let's see whatcha got! Im interested, Ive trained all tony's students for about the last 8 years, and even after I helped WW get into Zhills, only to deal with the outcome alone. Im not throwing any Stones Simon, You know I love you, Id just like to ensure that the quality of instruction Ive given my students over the years that continue to come to your new location, for me, is at least commensurate with what MY expectations of training are. Over 2000 hours of Flight time, and 200ish hours of freefall time, with more students trained under my belt than I could possibly remember, Id imagine you might want to ask about experiences over the last 8 or 9 years, as well as the reasons why your location has the students coming to it that it has. And its not because of its location, Its because of the people whom have been there over the many years they have been traveling there.

You said you would make these materials public. Well, I'd like to see them! I know, Because I personally had a hand in writing some of the original instruction methodologies to be used in the PFC course with others involved for more than a couple years. Not to mention, 60% of your new coaches, are former FFC students of mine, within the last year or two. Oh, and even Tony was my FFC student back in 2005 Just as Jeff started helping him make suits, after I was already a PFI. I personally know how long something like this takes to put together. As well as, the incredibly specific knowledge required to do so. I have a very hard time believing that those who participated in another manufacturers proprietary instruction program, just weeks before creating their "own" program, who has set the standard since before any of you even knew what a wingsuit was, actually has much of an original program at all. Sorry guys, But cliffs notes don't really do the trick. Shit like this is why I think FAR part 103 may be something needed. Of course we want more people flying wingsuits, but we don't need wal mart training and selling the biggest air mattress to any asshole and their brother... We self-regulate, kinda like in base, cause we know more than most of the rest of skydiving about what we are doing, are supposed to be a big family, and this is one slippery step down that rabbit hole... Remember where you all came from before you put your foots in your mouths with a response to this.

I have nothing but the greatest respect for Ben Lowe, after working alongside of him for years, I know how amazing of a guy/instructor he is. ( Would love a book for skyla and Jr. by the way) I have little doubt that what he put together is fantastic, but why not share it? I remember many of you being against standardized instruction for YEARS, now the sudden change of heart? I'd just like to be able to tell those that ask me, what my opinion of what you guys are doing is!

I have my own training methodology that fits into everyone else's "lesson Plans" However adds many of my own experiences and accounts.

I stand for safety. I don't think anyone here can argue that. I also stand for proper instruction. I know the people I've taught how to fly have gotten the best instruction, and most information than anywhere else their going to go.

On another note, The business plan I gave to TK to help with a video concession only had a couple words changed in it and it became their plan, not my plan, regardless if it was or not. Lets see what you kids put together, and put this BS to rest!

Congrats to all involved, now lets see what they learned! Im Curious! Would much rather see what you made, find it to be original and amazing, and I'll tell em all that it is!

Oh ya, And do I have to now get trained by one of my former students to be a tony suit wingsuit coach? Im really looking forward to that answer... :)

Oh, and sorry to say kids, bur Flock and Dock, Will just never be the same again... FYI :) Stay tuned for lots more fun.. :)

Scotty Burns
Z Flock #11; Muff #1909; PFI #15, USPA Lifer
Commercial Multi-Inst. Airplane/Rotory
www.flyteskool.ws Aerial Photography

Oh my, I would have thought these safety advocates would be supportive of Tony adding a manufacturer rating.

For those of you that feel that you wrote the book on wing suiting and that this material could only be stolen, I invite you to take the course with Ben. Wicked Wingsuits will pick up the cost of entry.

So, your gripe is about safety? You're worried Tony Urgalo doesn't know how to train people to fly his suits? And apparently you are worried about copyright infringement? Is that why your long winded post is all about how great you are? Listen, little tiny guy in a giant suit, everybody is tired of this bullshit and your post comes off as worthy of a Pulitzer Prize in the Whiney bitches with a giant ego category. Obviously, rather than trying to advance the sport, you are trying to advance your ego. Here's some good advice next time your flapping your gums to a bunch of wingsuiters: shut up and listen! You might learn something.

Jesus christ. Is this necessary?

Scotty has forgotten more about wingsuit flight than most birds are ever going to know and he's got a heart the size of Nebraska so you might want to make sure you know who you're talking to before you jump to shoot your mouth off in this community.

Goddamn amateurs. Show some f'king respect.
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

Does that mean you agree with his 2000 word manifesto on why people shouldn't develop teaching methods without consulting him first?
( bracing for long winded self congratulatory post typical ala Lurch. But also looking forward to see how you are going to fit your max freefall time into the discussion )
:)

Scotty has been a wingsuit instructor for ages, working closely with tony and Jeff.
I think he is wondering why he wasn't involved in creating the program when he is one of the most qualified person(s) in this criteria and when creating such a program you should get EVERYONE involved to create a the best program possible. When you leave super experienced/qualified people out, then you are likely to have a "missing-link".

Scotty has been stabbed in the back enough so far that he should be allowed at least freedom of speech.
It's a shame too because he is one of the funnest guys you will ever meet that always has a smile on his face and has a huge heart. He doesn't deserve any of this disrespect.

For you? What on earth makes you think you're worth more of my time than a couple of sentences? If you don't understand respect, this community hasn't got much use for you and neither do I.

Class dismissed.
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

I have absolutely no idea what any of this drama is connected to and I have no dog in this fight, but after skimming through the thread I'd just like to point something out to Wicked and Shotter:

You're pissing in your own swimming pool. You may be in the right, I don't know, but if you make your case like this you're still going to come out smelling of wee.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

There isn't any reason to involve everyone in this at all, it isn't rocket science and it isn't anything new. It just needs a few competent people to get things organized and represent the product without any drama. Tony picked a great examiner with a solid track record in education. That is what this is about at the end of the day, education.

A group of existing wingsuiters including many who have been in wingsuiting from the start were given chance to give input on the material.

For the record, I had no input on the material and don't even have the rating myself...yet. I simply helped organize the effort and am helping promote it. I believe that manufacturers can handle this education better than the USPA can enforce it and I took action on that instead of just talking about it.

For those of you that feel that you wrote the book on wing suiting and that this material could only be stolen, I invite you to take the course with Ben. Wicked Wingsuits will pick up the cost of entry.

LouD

we've been waiting next book of yours... now whe know why :D

There is a finite number of concepts to be covered in teaching someone how to fly a wingsuit safely. None of these concepts are particularly difficult to comprehend. All courses are, therefore, going to be very very similar. I don't think any WS "instructor" possesses some secret shit that no-one else knows.

Unless complete paragraphs have been lifted from someone else's course materials, claiming plagiarism is just silly. Of course the topics covered will be the same. There aren't any trade secrets.

And I don't see that any individual has a right to be consulted by someone else who's setting up a program, regardless of how long he or she has been flying wingsuits.

As a sometime technical textbook author, professional educator, and a WS flyer for nearly 10 years I'm sure I could write a WS manual without consulting anyone else's work. And I'm equally sure that it would cover the exact same topics that Lou's or Spot's or Ben's cover, and probably in the much same order. The figures would probably look much the same too. The only real difference is that my spelling and grammar would be better;););)

Tempest in a teacup! Get over yourselves, people.

Edited to fix grammar and spelling;)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

There should just be a grand wingsuit meet where all the wingsuiters in the world come and play and drink beer and strippers and tacos and hugs.

I would totally go to that Boogie.

Wait, the hugs are with the strippers, right?
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork