fastkite

FlightHUD in full face G3 Cookie

Attached is a photo of my new FligthHUD mounted in my G3 Cookie helmet - not flight tested due in part to the -20C temperatures outside.

It's adjustable for different eye heights, flexible so you can charge the unit, battery fits nicely at the back of the helmet.

Attached is a photo of my new FligthHUD mounted in my G3 Cookie helmet - not flight tested due in part to the -20C temperatures outside.

It's adjustable for different eye heights, flexible so you can charge the unit, battery fits nicely at the back of the helmet.

Did you have much trouble re-locating it from the bugeye goggles? Anything you learned that might be useful for others who wish to do this?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I'll post some photos soon. I'm in the process of creating a removable version which is soft enough that it won't scratch the visor over time. It was not all that difficult to locate the eye position. At least no more fussy then getting the goggles to work for your head.

In some variations I was able to locate the eye piece closer to my face (touching) making the optical illusion of heads up even better.

By installing this in your helmet you loose peripheral vision to the right as if you were wearing the goggles, but at least your left vision is still intact.

Once I have the kinks worked out and flight test it. I may created a limited number of them for those who aren't interested in attaching it themselves.

By installing this in your helmet you loose peripheral vision to the right as if you were wearing the goggles, but at least your left vision is still intact.

So in short, you loose depth perception. Recommendable to only rig that way in a skydiving environment. Depth perception may be a handy feature of our eyeballs in the base environment B|
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

So in short, you loose depth perception. Recommendable to only rig that way in a skydiving environment. Depth perception may be a handy feature of our eyeballs in the base environment B|

Just fly 8inches higher than you normally would

Well you loose more depth perception with the FlightHUD goggles, so if it concerns you. I would suggest not wearing FlightHUD at all.

The issue is the FlightHUD screen & electronics sits to the right of your eye blocking some of your vision. While the lens and mirror sit just below your eye blocking a little more.

I don't think I would BASE jump with or without FlightHUD, but that's just me.

Well I got it pretty well figured out. I've managed to make it removable, adjustable and you can still put the HUD back in your goggles without any problems.

I'll post some photos shortly.

Excellent, thanks in advance.

Attached is a photo of the finished Cookie G3 HUD Mount. I've made a couple of them, waiting on a supplier to get the raw materials to make more.

It's adjustable in several ways the goggles are not. You can move the screen up and down in your vision depending how prevalent you want the HUD to be.

The HUD battery fits nicely in the audible pocket by routing it around the visor hinge, or can be mounted at the back for those that use two audibles.

No modifications to the G3 Cookie or HUD are required. An extra thin specialize yet stronger velcro strip is applied to the HUD body. This does not interfere with the goggle mount so you can return your HUD to it's original goggles at any time.

The mounting band is attached to the G3 Cookie by mating to the existing velcro strips.

You can easily access all the HUD controls (Power button, USB port, lens adjustment) while the HUD is mounted in your helmet with the visor open.

-Joe

and there goes half your right side vision [:/]

You must already have tunnel vision if that constitutes 1/2.

It looks like a significant chunk of peripheral vision is lost. No need to be a dick all the time.

Well, don't be one then.

Apparently you have a problem with precision in language.