team_skyflash

Project for Backpack-Wingpack / Backpack-Airplane

Hi this is team Skyflash from germany,

we are planning, designing and building a new kind of backpack-airplane / wingpack for more than five years now. Our team consists of pilots and flying enthusiasts and we want to come in contact with people who share our dream of total freedom of flight. Our basis of development are the wingpacks like the one Felix Baumgartner used for his jump over the english channel.
Our idea is an airplane which you simply strap to your back and fly up to 200nmi with a maximum speed of 200mph in up to 25,000ft. The airframe contains two turbojet engines with 160hp combined power output and the whole plane is controlled only by the movements of the pilots body. Our first tests are just beeing carried out and we are very exited for the first flight which we plan for the first quarter of this year =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k9-UCQULqE

We hope to find people who share our dream of unlimited freedom of flight to bring up a concept which could be affordable and easy to fly. It shall not need any parachute or cliff/airplane for normal operation - But we wonder if that could become a possible take-off variant too..?
I would be very happy if you visit and follow us! http://www.skyflash.org/Slideshow/Home-English/home-english.html

Best regards from germany!
Join Our Dream:

http://www.skyflash.org/Slideshow/Home-English/home-english.html <-- Pictures, Stories and more

Don´t be scared - we do have a tail. It will be mounted to the pilots feet for higher flights but hasn´t been installed yet =)

The jetstream has about 650°C, so those shoes.. Well its more about the feet inside them...
Our pilot doesn´t have any problems with cold feet at all ;) - Next time he´ll receive some aluminium protection-shields on his legs :)

Join Our Dream:

http://www.skyflash.org/Slideshow/Home-English/home-english.html

Yes, but our dream isn´t a graduation in social marketing but the best flying experience possible =)
Check out our website and you´ll find out...

been there... and still think this is a joke (best case) or suicidal tendency but not much in between. Check out Yves Rossi, he does it and has a solid concept, also for landing not just some radio controlled background and take-off ideas...

Whatever, this one is entertaining but not really in the right section of the internet here. Or am I wrong?

As I mentioned before - It is a real project by real people with a real dream.
Engineering part is of course done, we needed four years for it, and safety comes first - for this project as for any other.
I´m just one member of the team... But this is about dreams of sustained, free flying of many people, controlled only by the movements of the human body.
I don´t think we´re the only ones who dream it :)

Join Our Dream:

What would worry me more is discovering it flies, and than flying at 80 to 100mph forward and needing to land:P

.....and their toy plywood wing snapping in half. at 100ft agl

these "german photoshopping" guyz need:

1. a pair of asbestos pants, like suggested in the oddities video
2. a large built in body bag for easy body disposal
3. high pressure water pump to quickly wash asphalt from blood and shredded meat
anything else?

Hi,

you can find all of those pictures including the description of them on our facebook-page. In english as well as in german. You´ll find that they are of course manipulated because they show what we want to achieve next.
Btw: We use GIMP instead of Photoshop.
Currently the plane is in high-speed taxi test phase and will receive its second engine soon.

But I understand your point. I think most everyone can remember Jarno and I´m kinda sad that he destroyed so much credibility.

Best regards!
Join Our Dream:

they are of course manipulated because they show what we want to achieve next.

if pic is manipulated it should clearly state so
if video stillframe shows smith this smth should be in the video otherwise u fall to the level of those 12yo whose video shows a sexy girl on a stillframe to get views but inside its just some zit covered boy picking his nose

if u want to show what u want to achieve next, photoshop gimp in some puffy clouds or even space lol

Currently the plane is in high-speed taxi test phase and will receive its second engine soon.

so u lied about 32mph takeoff??!

from ur site:
"Projekt Skyflash is No. 1 on the planets biggest trendhunting platform!

On january 10th the worldst biggest trendscouting platform “Trendhunter.com” has published the Skyflash. Within the first 24 hours it became no.1 article in four categories including “Tech” with hundreds of views per hour and a viral spreading."

viral spreading, huh is that your dream?!

they are of course manipulated because they show what we want to achieve next.

if pic is manipulated it should clearly state so
if video stillframe shows smith this smth should be in the video otherwise u fall to the level of those 12yo whose video shows a sexy girl on a stillframe to get views but inside its just some zit covered boy picking his nose

if u want to show what u want to achieve next, photoshop gimp in some puffy clouds or even space lol

so u lied about 32mph takeoff??!

Thanks for your hint. I will state out the manipulation even clearer.
Citation from skyflash Facebook:
"Our latest montage gives a preview of how Skyflash might look in only a few weeks. Let´s hope the weather is with us =)"

Regarding your "take-off" speed. We stated that we reached the "lift-off speed" or later in the article the "hovering speed" this means that we have identified the speeds by hovering some centimeter.

Nothing more.
Join Our Dream:

http://www.skyflash.org/Slideshow/Home-English/home-english.html <-- Pictures, Stories and more

The guy's name wasnt even Jarno...it was made up...probably based on famous winged aviators with the same name for real:P

It MUST have been you! You also destroyed my dream of flying by just flying better than me, showing mad carving skills etc.

Now mods, please shut this balsa wood thread.... ;)

Edit to add: Even Boeing might be reconsidering the use of LiPo batteries in their planes these days.