highfly

Looking for an old Wingsuit Malfunction video

There was an old skydiving video from maybe 8-10 years ago where a guy had a mal and managed to free his reserve just in time to get it open before hitting the ground. I do believe he was German and wearing a yellow wingsuit.
He almost hit a brick building when landing. I seem to think it may of been one of the Swedish boogies.

I also seem to remember this guy having long hair and a goatee. he was a well known wingsuiter back in the days before youtube .
The video was hosted on skydiving movies when it was up.

Anyone with any ideas?

www.myspace.com/durtymac

There was an old skydiving video from maybe 8-10 years ago where a guy had a mal and managed to free his reserve just in time to get it open before hitting the ground. I do believe he was German and wearing a yellow wingsuit.
He almost hit a brick building when landing. I seem to think it may of been one of the Swedish boogies.

I also seem to remember this guy having long hair and a goatee. he was a well known wingsuiter back in the days before youtube .
The video was hosted on skydiving movies when it was up.

Anyone with any ideas?

I remember the video, and I don't know how I remember this, but I think the username of the guy who made the video was "perflare." Maybe that will help in a search.

EDIT: Here is a post by the guy in the BASE forum.

EDIT #2: You're welcome. :)
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

That's a nice one ;)
It's from 2001. Per jumped the french suit, one of the first sold. At 400m he provoked a linetwist with a spin. He used both hands to cutaway, it was hard to chop. Then the reservhandle went into the suit making for a low deployment.

I saw it from the ground. It looked interesting. Per was really happy when he got back, kind of high B|, and spent next 30 min with the jump leader who wanted him grounded for the remaining of the day....

Micke
Member of Team Bautasten