BECOMING

Are you guys interested in skydiving/BASE wingsuit games/simulations

Hi everyone!

Im currently developing a wingsuitgame, take a look at the trailer:
www.youtube.com/user/BecomingAt
(its currently the only vid in the channel ;-)

I need some help to get it to the right eyes, so if you know the right people that can bring this to a wider audience, please contact me, or just give them my email:
b e c o m i n g . a t @ g m a i l . c o m
(of course the spaces need to be removed)

Other than that you can support this project by just watching the vid, maybe like it, maybe post a comment, share it with friends and so on...
that alone would help alot.

Other ideas on how i could get this to the people are welcome!
oh and you can visit the facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Becoming/435282406536426

feedback of some ws pilots is welcome as well! i've done my best on research and watched probably every ws clip on the net at least twice but thats of course still not the same thing than the real thing. some things are a bit exagerated for the funfactor(i.e. the highest drop is from an antenna on top of that island at 6000m)but other than that the glide ratio should be pretty close to reality. the best feature is imo that everything is physicbased and no values are tweaked in an unrealistic way... still if you see some quirx let me know!

thanks honestly for your time, blue sky & spread the word,
Peter
(the artist and game designer at the 2guys indie team becoming)

Thanks, i'm overwhelmed, we got pretty awesome feedback on facebook and youtube and it was just the first day, thank you veeery much for coming over to our FB & YT pages.

@flipwithit
What you describe are pretty much the core features of the game. Basically it will be a big worldwide contest, once you reached the highest exitpoint. The goal is to find the line that makes it possible to fly in closest proximity over the longest time. You get points for proximity, how many depends on how close you get and if you manage to stay always within a radius of 50m to fixed objects, a multiplier will count up until you leave that radius. When you score into the top 50, you get a place in the hall of fame(until you get kicked out) and your ghost and line will be saved. Others can load it and compete with your ghost and try to perfect your line or alter it. Im pretty curious what line will be the best, on the 100km² island are countless options ;-) Oh and because its a game burning in is not that worse and you even get your points counted, the only difference is your score goes into the hall of pain ;-)

There will probably be other gamemodes where you have to do other things but i promise you wont have to fly through rings. I think flying through hoops is the most boring thing you can do in a skydiving game and would completly destroy the sensation of freedom. One of the other gamemodes will be droping waterballons out of the plane and then jump after to splash them in mid air... That brings me to the question, was this attempted in real life? Sounds like an awesome skydiving game...

Blue sky,
Peter

sounds like you are off to a good start! is this going to be a flash style game or download content?
how about ability to use a controller? i think a game like this would be nice to have the ability to use a controller so you arent constantly tapping buttons to try and dial in angle of attack, turning and things like that. i suppose using the mouse would work well too. i think a constant tapping of keys would ruin a game like this.

Initially it will be browserbased free2play, there are plenty of options for the future, if we get enough response we'll probably start a kickstarter campaign, to make a bigger downloadable game with more features and better graphics...

All kinds of controllers are supported, pesonally i prefer the mouse.

I looked but i didn't find an edit button(maybe im blind), so sorry for the doublepost...
I wanted to say that i am very thankful for your feedback!
Unfortunately, we cant pay anyone other than with a free2play game [:/] However, someone clever made the suggestion that we can give something else to show our appreciation!

I can offer every tester that gave us feedback will be mentioned in the credits, and for those who will be very supportive we will come up with something special, like having a exitpoint named after them, or similiar... we have to see whats possible and makes sense.

Thanks to dropzone.com for giving me a place to talk about this project!

Hey guys!
I didn't post minor updates because i don't want to spam the forum to much with our project. I got quite a few PMs with useful tips and we were able to put some of the suggestions into the game... Its awesome to see how many pros are giving us support and we are in contact with some big names in the sport, big thanks to all who help!!! To keep spamming here to a minimum we are working on a website(which is almost done), so i will announce it here when its done. In the meantime please check our facebook page if you are interested in more frequent news: https://www.facebook.com/becoming.at

We made a new video showing the ghost and the ghost cam, also we improved the animation of the character! Here is the new video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czhXgmM9k8s

If you are interested to join the skydivers betatesting please send an email to: [email protected] and mention in the subject: skydivers feedback
would be nice if you also mention what your expiriences are(how many jumps, WS or not, skydive or BASE, things like that), this way we can sort things out a little better! We work hard to get the Beta started asap ;)

Again, big thanks to dropzone.com for allowing us to post here B|

:o I'm soo sorry, the only violence in the game will be if you splatter your self at the cliffs when you burn in. Out of respect to the skydiving community there wont be any teared limbs flying all over the place but i think there are plenty of games hat offer such features ;-)

Yeah, you are totally right! The container is a leftover from the very first version. I had no clue how parachutes work back then, just had some knowledge about aerodynamics but not about skydiving. We learned a lot since then and how deadly the container design is was the first thing i was told, lol! The harness isn't perfect either but luckily thats not so obvious. The container texture is the easy part, the unfolding of the chute is giving me headache. That the chute needs to deform when hit by an object doesn't make things easier :S But i ran some promising tests and i think we are on the right track!

Thanks for the link, thats indeed very good reference material!

Hey Guys! Time for an update! and its a big one :) the first tests have started!

If you want to give it a try send an email to:
[email protected]
with Subject:
Skydivers Feedback

I will send you an invite to the game and website(www.becoming.at)...
There are already over 50 Skydivers, BASEJumpers, WS-Pilots joined on the first day and so far everyone had big fun with it... its still in a very early stage so dont expect a finished game ;)

One of the fans even made a really nice gameplayvideo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fUvW9HtHcsk

At the website we have a feedbackforum and feedback is more than welcome! As i mentioned before, we will credit every helper at the thankspage and in the game... Lines, Challenges, Exits, etc. have to be named as well, and we would be happy to feature some of you in a special way too!

Thanks & Blue skies!
Peter

Ever since I singed up, my spam box has been blowing up!

The game is nice
How do you launch off a different direction from the tower. It looks like you can only launch off the one direction.
How do I do a front flip?
It would be nice to have an exit from a plane and go cloud surfing. or have to fly a slot in a formation
There are no dangerous dives
Only dangerous divers

Hi guys!
We did our 3rd update based on the feedback from the wingsuiters that joined the poject.

Things that have been fixed:
more realistic speeds at different GR
the speed when the suit starts to fly after exits
realistic lift and drag
updates on terrain

You can watch a little but very nice fanmade vid showing the new stuff here:
http://youtu.be/h-bxQnERwXU

Note: We focus on realism for the flight physics, other things (like the terrain) are exaggerated on purpose. We think it's a feature that you can try things in the game that would probably work in reality but are just way too insane or dangerous to try for real.

some interesting facts:
We have over 250 skydivers and over 250 gamers playing and some of them are actively discussing the realism in our forum and giving valuable feedback. Big thanks guys!!

As always, every skydiver is more than welcome to play and asked to give feedback. Active wingsuiters even more ;) Don't be shy guys, you are the heroes of this game, take a look, its free, feel invited!!

@ Decompression!
Hi & Thx, glad you like it! Sorry for the late reply & sorry about your spam box, i have no explanation though. We dont give away any email adresses and i have not experienced any increase in spam, actually i'm surprised that even our [email protected] had only bout 5 spam emails since we started...
The things you ask for are planed and will be there with future updates especially flocking with ghost recordings and multiplayer we are looking forward to. Flips are working with the new update, but we need to make a special animation for it though (the ability to tuck)...