tancrede

Electra/Springo and big wingsuit

Hi, I am trying to get information on which canopy to choose to jump a X-bird wingsuit.
I understood I should avoid elleptical canopies, but it seems it is not true all the time.

I have the choice between a Springo or an Electra.
My wing load is around 1,30.

Anybody has experienced such canopies with a big wingsuit?

Hi, I am trying to get information on which canopy to choose to jump a X-bird wingsuit.
I understood I should avoid elleptical canopies, but it seems it is not true all the time.

I have the choice between a Springo or an Electra.
My wing load is around 1,30.

Anybody has experienced such canopies with a big wingsuit?

If you have a choice and doubt go for the less radical one.
How have you end up with one of the biggest suit? What have you jumpped before?

I have about 200 jumps on an Electra 150, of which about 3/4ths were wingsuit jumps. In my opinion it's a very good canopy for wingsuiting. Quite forgiving. I must admit though that I jumped the Electra quite early in my 'jumping career' and so I didn't do alot of big suit jumps with it.

Just my 2 cents.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane"

The Springo is an Stiletto-like canopy, and as such, not a very good idea to wingsuit with.

The Electra OTOH is a much better choice for wingsuiting. This canopy is in the safire/pilot class, maybe even a bit like a Pulse/Silhouette in some ways. Excellent choice for wingsuiting.

But if you´re thinking about wingsuiting a bigger suit, you presumably already have a good number of wingsuit jumps, and you should know the above already..?

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Outside of canopy choice, more and more we're also seeing line-length with bigger suits is an important consideration. Where canopies under 120 sq/ft the canopy itself (due to shorter lines) seem to sometimes not fully clear the burble, resulting in all kinds of erratic behavior on deployment with off-headings (or worse) as a result.

When choosing to jump a big suit with a small canopy, remember it also influences the people you jump with. Fatal accidents have happened due to poor choice in canopies. So also decide with your jumping buddies in mind when you choose a size. And think about what you want to do. Do a wingsuit jump, or do a swooping jump. But try and keep the two disciplines separate and use suitable/ideal gear for both.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I have mostly jumped with Electra while wsuiting but not with bigger suits
This canopy is very docile and has good openings if you dont forget to reline it (rarely on heading nevertheless). It usually flies straight if twisted
I have seen peoole jumping Springos and would avoid it as much as I can with a WS (w/o as well).
ça passe ou ça frotte