shar

max recommended wing loading?

Is there a recommened max wing loading of your canopy for wingsuiting?
I understand its up to the individuals personal choice, canopy type, experience etc but is there a point with loading a canopy that makes crappy openings, twists etc that much harder to deal with?

This absolutely depends on your GENERAL skydiving experience and the TYPE of canopy your plan on using. My personal wingsuit canopy is a Sabre2 97 loaded at 1.85. I've never chopped this canopy, but then again my "other canopy" is a 27 cell crossbrace loaded at 2.3 and I'm not a newbie wingsuit pilot. If you ARE a newbie wingsuit pilot and you DON'T have thousands of jumps, then I don't recommend jumping any canopy TYPE which does not open straight and predictable. That's the best advice I can give.

And even if you have thousands of jumps;
I watched (and video'd) Jonathan Tagle chopping his Velo on multiple occasions, while jumping a wingsuit.

For FFCs at our school, nothing higher than 1.3. We'll loan you a canopy/rig if we have to.

Thanks, I have 500 jumps and just over 200 wingsuit jumps mostly in a phantom 2, but have just start to play in an s-bird. I am currently jumping a hornet 150 loaded at 1.3 but have a sabre 2 135 avaliable to jump as my canopy is starting to get a bit tired.

I watched (and video'd) Jonathan Tagle chopping his Velo on multiple occasions, while jumping a wingsuit.

For FFCs at our school, nothing higher than 1.3. We'll loan you a canopy/rig if we have to.

Thus the reason that I no longer have a Velocity 75 in that rig (like Jay Moledzki used to as well). It's not the size, it's the canopy type. I traded my fully-sponsored Velo for a fully-sponsored Sabre2 because it was the smart thing to do as a person who fllys a wingsuit as more than a hobby. If I had to replace my Sabre2, it would be with the smallest Storm they make.

Chuck

Thus the reason that I no longer have a Velocity 75 in that rig (like Jay Moledzki used to as well). It's not the size, it's the canopy type. I traded my fully-sponsored Velo for a fully-sponsored Sabre2 because it was the smart thing to do as a person who fllys a wingsuit as more than a hobby. If I had to replace my Sabre2, it would be with the smallest Storm they make.

Chuck

It's an important point thats its fully sponsored ROFL
Dont just talk about it, Do it!

Now that's impressive! When looking at the end of the video, in real time, you could think: What could possibly go wrong? But in slow-mo I thought a dozen times: Man, hopefully the lines don't entangle with his feet...
Base jumpers deploy in full flight for good reasons. But they have 230+ canopies, packed to open fast. I would like to bring in the good old: "arch-bendyourknees-pull-pray" for us skydiving wingsuiters to prevent such burbling.

Now that's impressive! When looking at the end of the video, in real time, you could think: What could possibly go wrong? But in slow-mo I thought a dozen times: Man, hopefully the lines don't entangle with his feet...
Base jumpers deploy in full flight for good reasons. But they have 230+ canopies, packed to open fast. I would like to bring in the good old: "arch-bendyourknees-pull-pray" for us skydiving wingsuiters to prevent such burbling.

+1

Well he was going Wingsuit terminal when the canopy decided to open. I don't think a dancing canopy with no line ension will slow you down very much.

It looked to me like the slider was completely down when the lines began to tension, so he might as well have packed slider down.

So this begs the question. Could you pack slider down on a wingsuit BASE jump and open even lower?

So this begs the question. Could you pack slider down on a wingsuit BASE jump and open even lower?

Y'know, this is definitely the important information we should take from that video:P

And to answer the question - you can if you want, I'll keep doing it the old fashioned way for now!
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

would like to bring in the good old: "arch-bendyourknees-pull-pray" for us skydiving wingsuiters to prevent such burbling.

Think again. I got bridle knotting with PF-Stealth and classic(student) deployment. Full flight has smaller burble than classic with a huge suit.
I moved back to full flight deployments and no more knots.

would like to bring in the good old: "arch-bendyourknees-pull-pray" for us skydiving wingsuiters to prevent such burbling.

Think again. I got bridle knotting with PF-Stealth and classic(student) deployment. Full flight has smaller burble than classic with a huge suit.

Your definition of "classic student position" and Gerhardt's may differ.
You had knots on more than one deployment??

Plenty of people that jump slider up vented canopies get pretty hard openings wing suiting. Mine are plenty crispy if I want them to be slider up. You might get away with a few, but sooner or later, probably sooner, I think youd get destroyed and go right back to slider up. One of my buddies did one in a phantom by accident some years back and he didn't really get hurt at all, but I don't think he'd repeat the experience.

Your definition of "classic student position" and Gerhardt's may differ.
You had knots on more than one deployment??

My definition of classic deployment position is all wings closed, arch and pull after 5 sec delay.

I got knot on my bridle more than 5 times, my canopy deployed just normally,but no more knots after went back to fly-pull-fly