kallend

Visualization of lift from WS

Everyone knows that wingsuits produce lift. The question is if a wingsuit can create more lift than the force of gravity pulling us down.

There only 2 ways a wingsuit or any other glider will ever win over gravity and sustain flight.

They are not talking about sustained flight.

I hope that is easy enough to understand.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

You are the only one confused here, Firstly I'm answering the question from "Jo" member about lift over gravity. You the sky god who claim to know everything is lacking of simple elementary physics as the other poster correctly put it.

The explanation I give above is simple physics and it is exactly what happens in the real world of flying and physics applied to flying.

Check it out, I was totally right.

You are not talking about the same thing as kallend. You are insulting him and saying he is wrong because you refuse to recognise that you are talking about two different things.

Aaaaand: repeat last thread:S

Everyone knows that wingsuits produce lift. The question is if a wingsuit can create more lift than the force of gravity pulling us down.

There only 2 ways a wingsuit or any other glider will ever win over gravity and sustain flight.

They are not talking about sustained flight.

I hope that is easy enough to understand.

They? you mean Jo? If Jo means win over gravity for a few seconds with a dive and flare ( speed to lift ) then the answer obviously is YES, the latest largest wingsuits can do that. The video in China showed it cristal clear. Why would he have any doubt about it?
Lauren Martins - www.youtube.com/user/gisellemartins20

You are the only one confused here, Firstly I'm answering the question from "Jo" member about lift over gravity. You the sky god who claim to know everything is lacking of simple elementary physics as the other poster correctly put it.

The explanation I give above is simple physics and it is exactly what happens in the real world of flying and physics applied to flying.

Check it out, I was totally right.

You are not talking about the same thing as kallend. You are insulting him and saying he is wrong because you refuse to recognise that you are talking about two different things.

Aaaaand: repeat last thread:S

Firstly my main answers here is not to kellend, it is to answer Jo's question.

Secondly Kellend proved over and over again to know little about simple physics applied to flying, If you have doubt about it, go study physics and check if what he is saying is right.

I don't care what Kellend is talking about, I'm just answering Jo's question, if he is talking about sustained flight or not I'm up to answer him.

If Jo means win over gravity for a few seconds with a dive and flare ( speed to lift ) then the answer obviously is YES, the latest largest wingsuits can do that. The video in China showed it cristal clear. Why would he have any doubt about it?

I can think of a few reasons. And remember that you doubted it, until Robin explained it to you.

Secondly Kellend proved over and over again to know little about simple physics applied to flying, If you have doubt about it, go study physics and check if what he is saying is right.

Both he and Kallend are talking about the same thing. You are talking about something different. The only reason you think Kallend doesn't know about physics is because you don't realise that he is not talking about the same phenomenon that you want to talk about. Just like in the last thread, just like every other time.:S

If Jo means win over gravity for a few seconds with a dive and flare ( speed to lift ) then the answer obviously is YES, the latest largest wingsuits can do that. The video in China showed it cristal clear. Why would he have any doubt about it?

I can think of a few reasons. And remember that you doubted it, until Robin explained it to you.

I never doubt about it, I always knew largest wingsuits could gain momentous altitude with speed to lift. What I said is that in that specific case it looked very much like a thermal because of the amount of time the wingsuit was climbing, but as Robin explained well, the dive was extremely sharp and steep as they had to pass under the cables and that sharp long dive created an abnormal amount of momentous lift.

I never doubt about it, I always knew largest wingsuits could gain momentous altitude with speed to lift.

Always? Even when they couldn't?

Regardless, you did doubt it in that specific case because you said repeatedly it wasn't a dive and flare.

What I said is that in that specific case it looked very much like a thermal because of the amount of time the wingsuit was climbing,

If it looks like a thermal then the video is not crystal clear that it shows a dive and flare. QED.

Both he and Kallend are talking about the same thing. You are talking about something different. The only reason you think Kallend doesn't know about physics is because you don't realise that he is not talking about the same phenomenon that you want to talk about. Just like in the last thread, just like every other time.:S

kellend is talking about the visualization of air ( vortex ) on a video, not about any gain in altitude sustained or momentous.

How can you be so certain that jo is talking about momentous gain? he didn't say he is talking about it. In any of the 2 cases, I already answered him here.

And with that uberchris, enjoy the next 60 days vacation from the forum.

Gisellemartins: let this also be a warning to you too. If you insist on bringing this topic up again and or commit PA's in this thread,you will face the same consequences that I stated in the now locked thread and spend the next 60 days on vacation from the forum with uberchris. Anyone else who engages in PA's and or provokes Giselle in this thread is also eligible for a 60 day sit down. YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WARNED.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I never doubt about it, I always knew largest wingsuits could gain momentous altitude with speed to lift.

Always? Even when they couldn't?

Good come back :P haha Your right, maybe not always, but since I saw the X3, the Apache and the Apache rebel, I was sure that it was possible ;)

What I said is that in that specific case it looked very much like a thermal because of the amount of time the wingsuit was climbing,

If it looks like a thermal then the video is not crystal clear that it shows a dive and flare. QED.

Not bad Jake, not bad B| After Robin explanation of the climate conditions there, because he was there, than the video became clear for me that was a dive and flare.

kellend is talking about the visualization of air ( vortex ) on a video, not about any gain in altitude sustained or momentous.

And when he replied to your post about lift?

Explain what he was talking about in that post and why you claim he was wrong.

And when he replied to your post about lift?

Explain what he was talking about in that post and why you claim he was wrong.

You tell me? I have no idea why he replied to my post as I was answering Jo's question. And the post I did to Jo is simple true physics. Anyone feel free to check it.

I said kellend is wrong because he already posted uncountable physics mistakes related to flying, momentous gain or net gain, bear in mind that I'm not saying he is not an intelligent man, he probably is.

You tell me? I have no idea why he replied to my post as I was answering Jo's question. And the post I did to Jo is simple true physics. Anyone feel free to check it.

If you are climbing at a constant rate is your net lift force less than, equal to or greater than your weight?

I said kellend is wrong because he already posted uncountable physics mistakes related to flying, momentous gain or net gain.

Show me one.

If you are climbing at a constant rate is your net lift force less than, equal to or greater than your weight?

That is a strange question, because instead of using "weight" you should use sink rate and instead of "lift force" you should use climb rate.

There is no answer for this question in the way you asked it.

As I explained before a few times, if the speed of your surrounding rising air is higher than your vertical speed ( wingsuit sink rate) then you will have net lift gain, the speed of the rising air, minus your vertical speed the result is how much your climbing or sinking at that given moment.

I said kellend is wrong because he already posted uncountable physics mistakes related to flying, momentous gain or net gain.

Show me one.

Just check the reply on this thread why the other member said he is lacking of elementary physics. Check what kellend said. that's just one example.

Anyway I don't know why you keep putting kellend in the conversation? I'm sure he is an intelligent man, anyone who likes physics. Lets talking about flying, forget kellend.

That is a strange question, because instead of using "weight" you should use sink rate and instead of "lift force" you should use climb rate.

Why should I? It's not what I'm asking about.

There is no answer for this question in the way you asked it.

There is an incredibly simple answer for the question... if you are aware of the basic physics.

As I explained before a few times, if the speed of your surrounding rising air is higher than your vertical speed ( wingsuit sink rate) then you will have net lift gain, the speed of the rising air, minus your vertical speed the result is how much your climbing or sinking at that given moment.

See, this is exactly what I'm saying. You try an shoehorn every single comment and argument from other people into the specific area of the discussion that you want to talk about, and completely ignore the fact that it is not what the other person is talking about.

Just check the reply on this thread why the other member said he is lacking of elementary physics. Check what kellend said. that's just one example.

Incorrect, that's just a disagreement over terms. Show me another one, and explain why he's wrong.

Good lord, as an aerospace guy this makes my brain hurt :|

I didnt read half of this, But god I cant agree more... here you kids go... Tear it up. I'll let yall get started on it, then maybe I'll put in my 2 cents when I get a minute. and damn kids, cant ya'll just get along? Stop spendin so much damn time behind the computer, get off your butts and go jump! B|

http://www.paralog.net/ppc/showImage.php?trackid=13318&filename=Chart.png

http://www.paralog.net/ppc/showImage.php?trackid=13396&filename=Chart.png

Scotty
Z Flock #11; Muff #1909; PFI #15, USPA Lifer
Commercial Multi-Inst. Airplane/Rotory
www.flyteskool.ws Aerial Photography