Jonesy920x

First flight wingsuit schools

I'm going to attend a first flight school this winter and was wondering everyone's thoughts/opinions on where to go. I'm very mobile and was thinking about either Z-hills with the new Wicked Wingsuits school or Elsinore for their course. Any other thoughts ? I'm in the Chicago area but it's too friggn cold to jump here now.
Experience is knowing a lot of things you shouldn't do !

Well, this will be an entertaining thread...

They are both great. You will get a complete, professional course for either. There are also folks closer to home if you decide to put it off until next season.

Either way, be safe, have fun.

[East coast, West coast peace, yo.]
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

I'm going to attend a first flight school this winter and was wondering everyone's thoughts/opinions on where to go. I'm very mobile and was thinking about either Z-hills with the new Wicked Wingsuits school or Elsinore for their course. Any other thoughts ? I'm in the Chicago area but it's too friggn cold to jump here now.

Z-hills! We are open 7 days a week for this winter and have been having awesome weather!
And ya, the Wicked Wingsuit guys are really nice and a great help, even when it has nothing to do with wingsuits lol

I run my school out of Arizona now and I hop between Eloy and Skydive Phoenix in Maricopa. I've done this for a living since there was such a thing as doing this for a living. Holler at me if you want to do it in Arizona. I've got ten suits.

Chuck Blue
DragonFly Wingsuit School
(9 0ne o) 2 seVen3- six2nine1 (figure it out)
chuckATskymonkeyoneDOTcom

I did my FFC at Skydive Elsinore this spring and can highly recommend it. They got plenty of suits in all different sizes and the staff with DSE, Joel, Darren and Tom is more than awesome. Groundschool was perfect down to the last detail, so the first jump felt like a breeze.

Besides, Elsinore is a beautiful DZ and has got a very positive vibe.

If you want more info on the Zhills option go ahead and fill in the "Get Coaching" link on WickedWingsuits.com

Lot's of fun and learning to be had in Florida this winter! We will have over 50 suits there so there will be plenty to go around.
Summer Rental special, 5 weeks for the price of 4! That is $160 a month.

Try before You Buy with Wicked Wingsuits - WingsuitRental.com

Jonesy920x

Has anyone here rented a Wicked Wingsuit to take the first flight course at Z-hills?

How was it? Any advice for someone thinking about doing it this winter? Anything unexpected?

shibu

Has anyone here rented a Wicked Wingsuit to take the first flight course at Z-hills?

How was it? Any advice for someone thinking about doing it this winter? Anything unexpected?

I think the instructor usually provides the suit for the course, and if you do it at z-hills then there is a huge chance that it will be a wicked wingsuit you use. Think Robert Harris is offering the course there now.

Shredex

I think the instructor usually provides the suit for the course, and if you do it at z-hills then there is a huge chance that it will be a wicked wingsuit you use. Think Robert Harris is offering the course there now.

This is true. In most cases we prefer renters to already have taken a FFC and have a handful of flights. Sometimes the instructors don't have suits available so we will rent to a student if we know more about their plans.

There are a few dropzones that happen to have a supply of our suits on hand, they include: Zhills, Skydive Dallas, Moab Over The Edge and Skydive Interlakken.

Zhills and Interlakken have the advantage of not only having I-Bird (beginner) suits but a full range up to S Bird available.

Last year we ran the school in Zhills because we had plans that kept us there over the winter. Rob Harris is running the school this year.
Summer Rental special, 5 weeks for the price of 4! That is $160 a month.

Try before You Buy with Wicked Wingsuits - WingsuitRental.com

Shredex

Thanks. I didn't realize that it was usually included.

WickedWingsuits

This is true. In most cases we prefer renters to already have taken a FFC and have a handful of flights. Sometimes the instructors don't have suits available so we will rent to a student if we know more about their plans.

There are a few dropzones that happen to have a supply of our suits on hand, they include: Zhills, Skydive Dallas, Moab Over The Edge and Skydive Interlakken.

Zhills and Interlakken have the advantage of not only having I-Bird (beginner) suits but a full range up to S Bird available.

Last year we ran the school in Zhills because we had plans that kept us there over the winter. Rob Harris is running the school this year.

Great. Thanks for all of info and quick reply.

Shredex

Any instructor who doesn't have suits is an instructor you'll want to avoid.

That said, we've had a few students show up here with Wicked Wingsuit rentals for post-FFC training, and most of them have been quite pleased. All the suits I've seen come through here have been in good repair. The *only* issue I've seen with the suits is a couple that have been poorly sized, and in one case two years ago, created severe problems for the student (he put 3" foam blocks in the toes to shorten the suit).

I was able to do FFC at the school at the Dallas DZ. It was really nice that the school had the suits on hand. I drive a long way to the DZ and renting a suit myself with my limited access to the DZ would have not worked out nearly as good as the setup that you and Gordon came up with.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

DSE

Any instructor who doesn't have suits is an instructor you'll want to avoid.

That said, we've had a few students show up here with Wicked Wingsuit rentals for post-FFC training, and most of them have been quite pleased. All the suits I've seen come through here have been in good repair. The *only* issue I've seen with the suits is a couple that have been poorly sized, and in one case two years ago, created severe problems for the student (he put 3" foam blocks in the toes to shorten the suit).

Good to know that. ty

Thanks Dan... The Wingsuit School at Skydive Dallas has been very pleased with our relationship with Wicked Wingsuits. We stock the I-Birds for the FFC and have also made T-Birds available to students as they progress. Many of the students have also rented from Wicked as they work their way up the suit sizes from TonySuits before buying a suit of their own. They seem to have been pleased with the service from Wicked.