notsane

Flock and Dock 9.0

We are going to have amazing Wingsuit Rodeos formations at Flock at Dock in Zhills April 4 - 7. I need to get a head count for those who want to be part of the fun. Triple docked rodeos, four way flat and vertical rodeo diamond, rodeo foot docks, backfly rodeos, etc. If we get the skyvan, then we will try a six way rodeo wedge!

-Purple Mike

Only a MONTH away flockers!

Ticket prices go up on March 15th and there is also no T Shirt guarantee ater that. Why do prices go up? Well, we need to know how many awesome aircraft we need to have there!

Due to demand we are adding more organizers...standby for more info.

http://flockndock9.eventbrite.com/
Summer Rental special, 5 weeks for the price of 4! That is $160 a month.

Try before You Buy with Wicked Wingsuits - WingsuitRental.com

The worst thing for Flock n Dock would be to have all these great people come from all over the world and to not have enough organizers to keep everyone entertained. For this reason we have added another talented and beautiful organizer, Andreea Olea!

The worst thing for F'nD would be to have all these jumpers show up and not jump because of the weather... Let's hope the weather gods throw us a bone!

I am very happy with the list of LOs, this should be a very cool event

Took awhile to confirm it, but I will be there. Mostly going just to bum around the DZ for a few days, but if anybody wants it, performance coaching will be available.

Can't wait...
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

You got it, Doc. I haven't got any particular plans besides catching a high-altitude load and maybe dropping in on a couple of flocks, so just catch me when you see me paddling around the DZ or perched on a railing somewhere, let me know what you want to work on, distance, speed, time, show me your current technique and we'll come up with a plan and go fly it.

Same goes for anybody else wants to get a little more distance or time out of whatever suit you've got. If there are enough of you and you let me know before I get there, (late Thursday of the event) we can form up a little side class for ninja tricks and maybe even do some maxed-out small group flights provided we aren't interfering with the real organizers running the main show.

I work a lot better one-on-one though and prefer working with birds one at a time so I can give you my full attention- the outer edges are very much an individual art, for me to be useful to you I need to listen to how you fly already and get a feel for the feel -you- have so I can figure out how to get you the feel you're looking for. I won't resort to group classes unless I unexpectedly get a lot more work than I can handle, but if that happens, we'll just get off the side out of everybody's way with a few suits, hang out, talk bird tech, practice some shapes and explore some limits together.

Cellphones should be considered standard mandatory equipment if you want to get in on this. I haven't ever led a group so far astray that we landed out, but there's a first time for everything, so if I suddenly get your attention, visibly abort what we're doing then turn and start running, I suggest you run with me. The trouble with training specifically for performance, especially distance or time, is that if you succeed you may find you went a lot further than you expected to, and since its new and unfamiliar, you didn't know you should have turned for home 25 seconds ago. Half my job will be to do my best to make sure that we do.

I also suggest if you want to get in on this that you study the aerial maps, memorize the outs in the area, and pay closer attention to winds and jump run than usual. There's a big difference between flying with a conservatively planned and flown 30-way where you don't venture all that far from the DZ and you pretty much can't miss, versus an all-out flight where most of the flight is spent miles off the airport and if you don't do everything perfectly, you WILL miss. If you want to get hardcore, you have to take it seriously and that includes planning ahead for what to do if you get it wrong.
Let's go fly.
-B

Just got confirmation on:

Friday evening Night jumps
Satuday High Altitude jumps
Jet Ranger chopper

Sign up now directly at Skydive City to prevent disappointment! http://www.skydivecity.com/Reservations/reservations.html

SIMON, YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD MORE THAN ONCE ABOUT POSTING THIS TYPE OF INFO IN THE FORUM. HANDLE ALL THE SPECIFICS BY POINTING TO ANOTHER WEBSITE WHERE YOU CAN GO INTO DETAILS ON PRICING, ETC. DO NOT POST PRICING AND ADVERTISING INFO IN THESE THREADS.

TO EVERYONE ELSE WHO REPLIED AFTER THIS POST, I HAVE EDITED YOUR POSTS SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY CONTAINED THE INFO THAT WAS IN THIS POST THAT IS CONSIDERED INAPPROPRIATE; YOU SPECIFICALLY DID NOTHING WRONG SO DO NOT TAKE YOUR POST BEING EDITED AS AN INDICATION OF ANY WRONG DOING ON YOUR PART.

$70 for registration????? no tshirt????? really?????
those strippers must have raised their prices signifigantly.[:/]

To avoid T Shirt disappointment please register before Wed 23:59*! The price also goes up $10 but not having an event t shirt in the right size...or gender...would probably blow worse.

http://flockndock9.eventbrite.com/

We are offering First Flight Courses on Wednesday only. Signup is available on the event page.

Door Registration is a whopping $70! You have been warned, thats the price you pay for hedging bets. You don't even get a T Shirt for that price so signup now!

*I think it is 11:59 Central time but I can't be sure.

Flock University FWC / ZFlock
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121

I will explain just so people don't assume it is about the $$$'s. It is really about planning. By having a huge door price I am trying to motivate people to sign up in advance.

Last year over 15 people signed up at the event. It's hard to plan how many organizers, planes and strippers we need if the headcount isn't somewhat accurate.

We just added another organizer when we hit 60 attendees. If it hits 80 I will add another. The alternative idea I played with was having a cap on tickets but that seemed like an even worse idea.

Just trying to give a quality experience.

dont take this the wrong way simon, i really like the events you host. but it just seems like the boogie price is through the roof. we are talking 4-5k just on registration fees alone. i dont mind paying to fly with my friends, but i dont like paying my friends to fly with me.

what are the jump ticket prices? will these stay the same as a normal jump ticket, or is there a special F&D ticket?

I will explain just so people don't assume it is about the $$$'s. It is really about planning. By having a huge door price I am trying to motivate people to sign up in advance.

Last year over 15 people signed up at the event. It's hard to plan how many organizers, planes and strippers we need if the headcount isn't somewhat accurate.

We just added another organizer when we hit 60 attendees. If it hits 80 I will add another. The alternative idea I played with was having a cap on tickets but that seemed like an even worse idea.

Just trying to give a quality experience.

Flock University FWC / ZFlock
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121

Fair questions.

The jump tickets are normal Skydive City rate. I buy mine in blocks so I couldn't tell you exactly what that is but there is no boogie rate. High Altitude and Chopper jumps are more but worth every penny.

Some people signed up for as little as $25. Most paid $35 and it is now $45, till Wednesday midnight. I feel pretty good that there were some very affordable options.

The $55 and $70 prices are solely there to motivate people to register in advance.

Only 1 week left! Got some more great prizes for the raffle:

- Audibles from L&B
- 3 months free Wingsuit Rental

Don't forget to get your rubiks cube outfit together!

If you are SERIOUSLY poor and money is the only thing stopping you coming to this event then contact me and Wicked Wingsuits will cover your entry.

However, don't claim to be seriously poor and turn up with nice new and clean wingsuit, rig and canopy!

We are talking living in a car packer poor here.

Alright, how bout if I arrive by hitchhiking someone else's plane, with last year's state of the art AXRW suit but a 10 year old helmet, a faded old Sabre, and an obsolete base-model Javelin that looks like its been dragged behind a harley?

...hell, how bout if -I- look like I've been dragged behind a harley?
-B

Alright, how bout if I arrive by hitchhiking someone else's plane, with last year's state of the art AXRW suit but a 10 year old helmet, a faded old Sabre, and an obsolete base-model Javelin that looks like its been dragged behind a harley?

...hell, how bout if -I- look like I've been dragged behind a harley?
-B

Score: 9/10 on the "skydiver poor" scale.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

:D:D:D

You have no idea Doc... I've been hibernating for 6 months...
Now, with even MORE beard!
Chuck Blue, paging Chuck Blue...
If you're gonna be a wild haired globetrotting wingsuit biker mouse from Mars, you -must- look the part.
I believe the beard did not meet your standards previously...now what say you?
-B

:D:D:D

You have no idea Doc... I've been hibernating for 6 months...
Now, with even MORE beard!
Chuck Blue, paging Chuck Blue...
If you're gonna be a wild haired globetrotting wingsuit biker mouse from Mars, you -must- look the part.
I believe the beard did not meet your standards previously...now what say you?
-B

Do you do Grateful Dead impersonations for extra cash?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Hah! It didn't even cover the rental car! One more victory as profitable as that, and I'll be living in a dumpster with a sign that says "Will work for birdseed".

But I'll tell you what, the stuff I learned developing the attack I used to get it, was worth the price of admission.
And those Hungarians, -really- know how to throw a party. I learned a whole new definition of first class, there. That place is coool.
-B

No, they're actually not my style of music, but I can do a halfway decent ZZ Top, and if you set me on fire and wait a bit I can do a passable Marilyn Manson.

Now, movie impressions, I can render
Mr. Hand
Agent Smith
Al Pacino (as Satan)
The Joker
and over the winter, added two new ones I haven't done live yet,
Bullet Tooth Tony
and
Brick Top.
Hey, you asked, man.
-B