medusa

Wing Suits Gain Altitud. PERIOD!

Aside from insulting pretty much every wingsuit pilot she talks to by trying to "Make sure we understand how they work" and making us laugh with her "oh you poor ignorant souls I will educate you" attitude she has added one valuable thing to the thread:

She coined a new word: Momentaneously.
I'm keeping it, and I'll be using it momentaneously.

-B

Oh Lurch....

The one who contradict himself many times before here.

The one who love to put words in others mouths

The one who insult me because English isn't my mother language.

The one who Tony dont give a damn but keep bothering him, poor Tony.

The one who insults anyone who disagree with him, ( so am i as you just claimed)

Firstly I didn't insult anyone, if I did was because I was insulted a first? but nothing compared with your insults anyway, like just you did now about my English? its not my mother language so writing mistakes are fine. I speak 3 other languages, do you speak any other language besides English?

Secondly I'm very much agree with Robin, he seems to be one of the few here with politeness, right input and know how non powered flying words. now you Lurch? I laugh...:D:D
Lauren Martins - www.youtube.com/user/gisellemartins20

All I've been saying the entire topic is that the latest largest wingsuits can gain altitude even momentaneously with thermals, ridge soaring or with speed to lift like on the video in china.

Giselle Martins, mistress of flight, physics and revisionist history;)

But if you now accept that wingsuits can briefly achieve climb rates by converting speed to lift, are you going to accept that everyone you disagreed with in this thread was right and you were wrong?

Jake like Lurch love calling others names when they are unhappy and using the word "we all" "everybody here" instead of use "I" "in my opinion"

Not everybody here disagree with me, the word you and lurch love "everyone" is not applicable.

Unlike you, I knew since teenager years than any aircraft with wings given enough speed will have a momentous climb with speed to lift. :S

YES, he did flew up and not because of a dive and flare but because he CLEARLY hit a small thermal. I'm also a paraglider and hanglider pilot, my HG would do exactly that when flying tro a thermal. GET OVER sceptics, your starting to look ridiculous.

Your first post in this thread LOL

YES, he did flew up and not because of a dive and flare but because he CLEARLY hit a small thermal. I'm also a paraglider and hanglider pilot, my HG would do exactly that when flying tro a thermal. GET OVER sceptics, your starting to look ridiculous.

Your first post in this thread LOL

My opinion has changed after Robin's post, I was a bit naive. It did look like a thermal very much and a strong thermal can do that on large suits, but it wasn't the case on that video, I wasn't there to actually knows perfectly what happened. Robin explained it well.

Many people explained it well, dive and flare... it's not complicated but for you to actually say there was no dive and no flare and to call people ignorant made you look ridiculous...

I would love to see any video of any person flying any wingsuit going up because of a thermal

Nope, actually the entire threat was about some wingsuit jumpers claiming that the way non powered aircraft gain net altitude is by speeding or speed to lift

Really?

The first post in this thread, the one you originally replied to, was the video of a jumper (apparently) gaining altitude (relative to the lowest point of the dive) at the China event. So there are two problems with your statement above: 1) show me who claimed anyone gained net altitude (meaning, climbed above the exit point) in China; 2) you, yourself, in your last post, said that the jumper in the video in China gained altitude by converting speed to lift. Which is exactly what you entered this thread to dispute.

and no at that time we were no talking a small gain but how actually how we gain altitude for flying.

No-one else was ever talking about that, except to tell you that it is not what anyone but you was talking about.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

your fellow jumpers keep posting videos of planes with engines off speeding and doing speed to lift and saying themselves how the plane gain altitude and that there were no need of thermals, if you read the thread you would know they claim it, and no at that time we were no talking a small gain but how actually how we gain altitude for flying.

Let's say I'm at the top of a flight of 10 stairs. Frist, I walk down to the bottom stair. Second, I turn around and walk back up 5 stairs.

Which direction did I travel (vertically) in my second action?

Jake like Lurch me love calling others names when they are unhappy and using the word "we all" "everybody here" instead of use "I" "in my opinion"

In my opinion everybody here thinks you are wrong to claim that anyone in this thread says wingsuits can gain net altitude by diving and flaring. Even Robin.

Unlike you, I knew since teenager years than any aircraft with wings given enough speed will have a momentous climb with speed to lift.

Then why do you keep calling other people stupid for saying so?

like just you did now about my English? its not my mother language so writing mistakes are fine.

The problem with your english is not your writing mistakes but your reading mistakes. If you know that your english is not perfect then why are you insisting that certain poster's statements mean something different to what native english speakers are telling you they mean?

Jake like Lurch me love calling others names when they are unhappy and using the word "we all" "everybody here" instead of use "I" "in my opinion"

In my opinion everybody here thinks you are wrong to claim that anyone in this thread says wingsuits can gain net altitude by diving and flaring. Even Robin.

Unlike you, I knew since teenager years than any aircraft with wings given enough speed will have a momentous climb with speed to lift.

Then why do you keep calling other people stupid for saying so?

Here are some answers from your jumper friends, when we were talking about how gliders fly hundred of miles without engine.

>By Davekepka " Anything will fly provided the winds are strong enough " Just to remember we were talking about flying no where near a mountain or ridge.

>By kellend " any glider can do it starts with an excess of kinetic energy that it can trade for potential energy. No thermal needed to fly "

>By vitriol "Very strong winds could produce that kind of lift, but then it wouldn't be a thermal"

Here are some answers from your jumper friends, when we were talking about how gliders fly hundred of miles without engine.

>By Davekepka " Anything will fly provided the winds are strong enough " Just to remember we were talking about flying no where near a mountain or ridge.

Don't miscatagorize what I said. I was commenting on the video of the winsuits 'flying' in place in high winds by being tethered to poles in the ground. I went on to make the comparison to a weather reporter being blown down a street by a hurricane, clearly making my point that those wingsuits weren't really 'flying', but simply being blown around by a strong wind.

I did not make any reference to gliders flying anywhere, for any length of time or distance.

You can keep swinging, but you're never going to connect any of those punches until you get on the same page as everyone here. We're all talking about one thing, and you're talking about another.

OK Giselle, now you're just lying on purpose again. Are you really that proud you have to resort to this instead of admitting you were wrong?

None of the quotes you provide were talking about this. If you think they were, would you mind telling me in which post the conversation changed from momentary climb rates to cross country flights?

By Davekepka " Anything will fly provided the winds are strong enough " Just to remember we were talking about flying no where near a mountain or ridge.

Wrong on two counts. a) Dave never said that, he actually said "anything will blow away" and b) he was talking about Barry kiting himself on strings at the end of the PGers video... on a mountain ridge.:D

Here's something else that Dave did say "You really think that anyone here believes you can dive and flare a wingsuit across the countryside? Do you realise how bad it looks for you to sit here now and claim that Dave does think you can fly hundreds of miles just by diving and flaring?

By kellend " any glider can do it starts with an excess of kinetic energy that it can trade for potential energy. No thermal needed to fly "

Dishonest by omission. Kallend actually said "Going UP simply means that the altitude is increasing, something that any glider can do..."

Clearly, he is talking about temporary climb rates, exactly what the first post of the thread is about, and something that you now accept.

By vitriol "Very strong winds could produce that kind of lift, but then it wouldn't be a thermal"

Then it would be ridge lift. You have a problem with that? You obviously know about ridge lift, you have posted video of you paragliding in it. Again, he is talking specifically about the China video.

I do read the thread, I know the context and your cherry picking, context exclusion and straight re-writing of other people's words is not going to fly. Give it up already.

Firstly I didn't insult anyone, if I did was because I was insulted a first?

I can't believe I'm playing this game, but here we go:

Post #57, you called the smartest guy in this thread an "utter idiot." (smartest in terms of aerodynamic principles... don't let that go to your head too much professor :P)

Please show us which post number before #57 where he insulted you.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Firstly I didn't insult anyone, if I did was because I was insulted a first?

I can't believe I'm playing this game, but here we go:

Post #57, you called the smartest guy in this thread an "utter idiot." (smartest in terms of aerodynamic principles... don't let that go to your head too much professor :P)

Please show us which post number before #57 where he insulted you.

I don't kwow what is an insult for you, but I was called by the following names before the post 57.

"pathetic" "apeshit" "you cant even read English" " shows you know nothing about flying" etc...

Never mind anyway, I'm done with this thread, will take the advice given to me from people who actually design wingsuits. To not post on this forum. I will try not to, even if I see some bizarre misconceptions being said, tomorrow is flyable again YaY! :D

Never mind anyway, I'm done with this thread, will take the advice given to me from people who actually design wingsuits. To not post on this forum. I will try not to, even if I see some bizarre misconceptions being said, tomorrow is flyable again YaY!

In other words, even you realise that you've run out of wiggle room to avoid accepting that you've been wrong all along.

Have fun flying - you might even find yourself launching into the wind. I wonder why?

OK, this thread is done. No one is even discussing the issue, just "You said" ," No I said" rehashing of old posts. It's just bickering at this point and everyone knows that there isn't much hope of anything more becoming of this thread. The only thing that is certain is that PAs will ensue shortly, so to save some people 60 days of being banned and a waste of bandwidth, the thread has been closed.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING