jeb

Recon HUD for wing-suits

OK, the time has come :) (...) this amazing technology

"Flight HUDs ordered before 11/20/2012 will be shipped by Dec 31, 2012" (http://labs.reconinstruments.com)

.......well....... where r all unboxing videos and first impressions of this amazing technology from happy early adopters?!? >:(

Has anyone else not gotten any emails from recon? I was in the 60s when I ordered and haven't heard shit.

same for me... at least, to clarify, I haven't received yet any email for the shipping, but I did received an email for the delay...

3,2,1,C-YA!!!
V.
BASE #1075 / BMI #I-002 / PFI #042 / EGI #104

I'm not impressed at the fact there were no instructions with them, going to the recon website gave me all I needed... Big button on welcome page!

The fit is not great with me helmet (Tonfly 1x), they are as bulky as I expected them to be... I am impressed with the actual device though! Easy to see and not invasive

Like Kallend said all I need now is a DZ

Has anyone else not gotten any emails from recon? I was in the 60s when I ordered and haven't heard shit.

I had one before Christmas saying delivery would be delayed. Nothing since.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Ok so I tried them on the bus and the driver confirmed speed was accurate and when ever we were going up or down a hill altitude seemed to change in real time but it will be interesting to see with greater vertical speed. Set the brightness to lowest and ha it on for a good 20-25 minutes and it took close to 25% ofthe battery. The whole time I was trying to figure out how to zero the altitude... Gonna try and contact them tomorrow I guess

I would not recommend driving with these on lol

In the end they seem work as promised aside from the fact there are no instructions in the box and we don't know how to zero the alti if at all

Edit:: It took a solid 8-9 minutes to get a lock on the GPS signal outside

I was taking a close look at mine last night as it was charging. The lense on the front of the goggles is only held in place by tabs on each side of the goggle, and it appears that it is also glued at the nose piece. My concern is that if there were enough force at the wrong angle in freefall that the lense will snap off pretty easilly. For those who can jump with them, please provide feedback as you can, as well as tips for usage!! :)