jeb

Recon HUD for wing-suits

Despite all technical improvements, I ordered my Recon HUD not for trusting on them for my life, but just for fun and to have an instrument showing plus or less how I'm flying my ws. Like a Flysight...
The use of these tools should be reserved to advanced pilots, not for beginners, and not forgiving the normal awareness required for any kind of skydive (or BASE Jump).
This would be a first step on improving instruments to aid the ws piloting...
Let's see what technology can do for our sport.
Recon has done the first step...

all true, except that it is not the 1st step :P
same here, got one for the fun, and to see if it can help understanding the performance.
if anyone wants to order a HUD, referral "vamped" :)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Just received this email

First of all, we want to take this opportunity to say how excited and impressed we are by the response and enthusiasm shown for Recon Labs’ Flight HUD project.

We have extended the project till November 26, but please don’t worry, this will not delay the production or shipping of your Flight HUD. We are still on track to deliver Flight HUDs as promised before the end of the year. We will do our best to keep you updated as we pass each stage of production and shipping. Currently, prototypes are being tested for performance and QA by some of the top skydivers and wingsuit pilots in the world – including most of the WWL competitors – in an effort to make sure that Flight HUD truly does transform your time in the air.

As we have had a number of questions, we’d like to take this opportunity to address a few of them. First of all, Flight HUD is a Recon Labs project and will not be available after the close of the project. You will not be able to buy a Flight HUD from retailers or from our online store in the immediate future. After the enthusiastic reception, we will certainly be looking at how we can evolve Flight HUD out of the Recon Lab incubator, but to those of you who know people who are sitting on the fence, this opportunity to get a Flight HUD ends on November 26.

For those who are wondering what will be included in your Flight HUD package, we will be shipping you a Recon MOD Heads-up Display with the Flight HUD software installed, a pair of UVEX G.GL9 goggles (if you wish to customize your lens, you will need to get in touch with the goggle manufacturer to purchase alternative lenses), a wireless Bluetooth remote, and an AC adaptor and USB charging cable.

Flight HUD is also compatible with Engage, our latest platform for you to review your trips and data, where you can upload your flights via your computer, and learn from the data to enhance your performance.

We know you are all anxious to get your hands on your Flight HUD, and we also can’t wait for you to all take flight!

Thanks again for your support of this Recon Labs project,

Jump more, post less.

I'm curious to hear from people who have tried it. When I called them a month or so ago they gave me a few very disappointing answers. I asked them how frequently the display updated the altitude. I knew they said the speed would update once per second, but they told me the altitude would only update on the display every TEN seconds. No, they didn't tell me 10Hz, I know the difference. The person that called me may have not known the difference. But to me the alti only displaying updates every 10 seconds is very disappointing. The other thing I was disappointed to hear is that there will not be any sort of SDK. It's all closed.
Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood.

Slightly frustrated.

Just got this a few minutes ago:

Dear James,

We're getting close to the end of December and we know you're anxious to hear an update on the status of the Flight HUD project. Unfortunately, there has been a delay to our ship date due to key components from our suppliers being delayed. Flight HUD will ship by the end of January, latest. We will send you another update when your specific ship date in January is finalized.

Thank you for again for your support and patience! We know Flight HUD will be worth the wait.

Sincerely,

Dan Eisenhardt
President & CEO

Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood.

Slightly frustrated.

Dear James,

We're getting close to the end of December and we know you're anxious to hear an update on the status of the Flight HUD project. Unfortunately, there has been a delay to our ship date due to key components from our suppliers being delayed. Flight HUD will ship by the end of January, latest. We will send you another update when your specific ship date in January is finalized.

Thank you for again for your support and patience! We know Flight HUD will be worth the wait.

Sincerely,

Dan Eisenhardt
President & CEO

How come I'm not getting these informational emails? I was order #70-something.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Slightly frustrated.

Dear James,

Sincerely,

Dan Eisenhardt
President & CEO

check your spam folder, that's where mine was.

Slightly frustrated.

Dear James,

Sincerely,

Dan Eisenhardt
President & CEO

check your spam folder, that's where mine was.

Mine just arrived.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.