jeb

Recon HUD for wing-suits

They seem to give pretty much the same data when looking at them on the ground. Same glides and speeds. The difference is while flying you can actually see your glide and speed real time and make adjustments in flight. As you go steeper you can actually use the speedometer to maximize your forward speed and you can see how that affects your glide. Very interesting, I learned more in 10 jumps with the goggles about my flying then I did in 100 jumps without them...

Also the software shows 3D speed instead of ground speed

Really convincing. BTW What is 3D speed? :D

The magnitude of your velocity vector instead of the horizontal component.

Non-technical: How fast you're moving through the air, irrespective of direction

Getting a velocity vector for the almost reliable ground speed and the quite unreliable GPS altitude? That sounds really handy.;)

Non-technical: How fast you're moving through the air, irrespective of direction

Getting a velocity vector for the almost reliable ground speed and the quite unreliable GPS altitude? That sounds really handy.;)

My experience with several GPSs in my plane is that although the absolute altitude error is large, it doesn't change very fast so vertical speed errors over a short time frame are quite acceptable. The GPS derived VSI on my Garmin agrees pretty well with the pressure based VSI in the plane's panel.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

My experience with several GPSs in my plane is that although the absolute altitude error is large, it doesn't change very fast so vertical speed errors over a short time frame are quite acceptable. The GPS derived VSI on my Garmin agrees pretty well with the pressure based VSI in the plane's panel.

When writing the navigation software I also started writing performance software. What I learned is that you can read the location as often as you want but if the distance between your measurements doesn't exceed the margin of error by a certain amount then the performance feedback is suspect ...
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Without right sensors like barometric altimeter and Pitot tube that is not an instrument, but an expensive gadget.

Without right sensors like barometric altimeter and Pitot tube that is not an instrument, but an expensive gadget.

Barometric altimeters have their own problems, as do barometric VSIs.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Yes you can zero altitude :) And the next generation will have sound too telling you glide as you fly on top of having HUD :) They just need to know there is a market to spend the money in development...

Jeb you mentioned that next generation will have sound feet back. Will it be software update or we will have to buy second one?

Yes you can zero altitude :) And the next generation will have sound too telling you glide as you fly on top of having HUD :) They just need to know there is a market to spend the money in development...

Jeb you mentioned that next generation will have sound feet back. Will it be software update or we will have to buy second one?

+ 1

A nice additional feature would be being able to put way points in. That way my flysight could tell me how I'm flying and the HUD could tell me where to go..

Useful on slightly cloudy days when you find yourself over a cloud that wasn't there on exit...
Jump more, post less.

One of the greatest applications for this is visibility of all the canopies relative to you. Imagine having a 3D view of every other canopy in the sky at all times. No more collisions or swoopers running into you from above... Of course everyone would need to use it.

One of the greatest applications for this is visibility of all the canopies relative to you. Imagine having a 3D view of every other canopy in the sky at all times. No more collisions or swoopers running into you from above... Of course everyone would need to use it.

I bet there would still be plenty of collisions! Remember the booth laws.
Summer Rental special, 5 weeks for the price of 4! That is $160 a month.

Try before You Buy with Wicked Wingsuits - WingsuitRental.com

The ski goggles do not work for wing-suit flying. It's also hardware not just software. We spend the last year working out all the issues...

One issue I have not seen addressed is focusing for different eyes. I can't read print up close without glasses......can the goggles' screen be focused to address this issue ? Thanks

Life is short ... jump often.