bushwarp4

Stiletto 150 for Wingsuiting?

How bad are elliptical canopies? I've never had any issues with line twists before but I know that could be very different with a wingsuit. I know someone who routinely wingsuits with a crossfire 2 and saw one person this weeked jump one with a xaos 21...
Any thoughts?

ive only got 15 wingsuit jumps, but based solely on talking to a SHITLOAD of highly experienced wingsuit pilots at two different local DZ's, i sold my stiletto 150 for a sabre1 150 just for wingsuiting..........
im pretty sure the chances of chopping a stiletto with a bad opening are a hell of alot more than my sabre, and im broke so losing my main = BAD
gravity brings me down.........

I did a couple of hundred WS jump on a Stiletto 150 with one cutaway (diving canopy I couldn't recover). I think it depends on your wingloading and how predictable the openings are. I quite liked it as a WS canopy, but the loading was light, I was about 72Kg.

I've done a few hundred more on a Katana 120 with Shadow & Vampire WSs and went through a spate of 3 cutaways in quick succession on the original line trim (it was clear there was something strange going on). Canopy was second hand with 400ish jumps at the time and the original Katana line trim. New line set with the newer line trim fixed that.

Only modification is a crazy long bridle, and packing grommet up.

How bad are elliptical canopies? I've never had any issues with line twists before but I know that could be very different with a wingsuit. I know someone who routinely wingsuits with a crossfire 2 and saw one person this weeked jump one with a xaos 21...
Any thoughts?

You can try and accept and live with the consequences.
  • line twists

• cut-aways from line twists

• tears and cuts from shitty landings on your expensive suit

• big cuts from EMT on your expensive suit

• gray hair from all above

• Jari Kuosma used to jump wing suit with Katana97.
    What does it mean? Are you ready for Katana? Are you ready for Katan97?
    Are you ready jumping wing suit with Katana97?

I got 250+ jumps on Cobalt at WL 1.7-1.8+ and 2 cut-aways from line-twist with wing suit.

I jump a Stiletto 107, only reliable, soft, on heading openings, no twists and cutaways so far.
    Might be not very common what I'm doing, but: It works..

It also depends on the canopy.
    I used to have a 120 Stiletto before and I wouldn't have dreamt of using it on a WS-jump, since I had to cut it away two or three times because that canopy was really bitchy...

M

Any thoughts?

As I've tried to tell the new guys around here, Stilettos and Crossfires are not good choices for wingsuit canopies ... will they listen, doubtful. Hopefully they at least continue to pull high(er).
    "That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Any thoughts?

Pete Luther used to jump a Stiletto with his wingsuit, i believe it was a 150. On his last jump he never recovered from linetwists and did not cut away. You can read more about in it the incident reports.

Franco
    If it does not cost anything you are the product.

Any thoughts?

Been there, done that, paid for the reserve repacks.

Stiletto is NOT a good WS canopy.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.