WickedWingsuits

Tonysuit Safety Sleeve

I am doing some research to find out about the functionality of the TS Safety Sleeve. If you have experience with a safety sleeve please take a moment to complete the following survey.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8BHK5J3
Summer Rental special, 5 weeks for the price of 4! That is $160 a month.

Try before You Buy with Wicked Wingsuits - WingsuitRental.com

Simon, with all due respect, just did your survey: 1st questions: Do you jump.... How many jumps do you have on a TonyWS? 3rd question: Have you had cause to use your safety sleeve to control your upper risers or toggles? No, then survey ends.
I can answer as follows:
Yes, I have an X2, 35 jumps, could probably reach the risers on opening when my legs are bent.
The question that concerns ME: Are you scared wearing anything but a T-Shirt or rash guard long sleeve shirt (lycra, like in kiteboarding) under your TonyWS because there is no cutaway on the arms? My answer to this one would be YES! Sorry...

Simon, with all due respect, just did your survey: 1st questions: Do you jump.... How many jumps do you have on a TonyWS? 3rd question: Have you had cause to use your safety sleeve to control your upper risers or toggles? No, then survey ends.
I can answer as follows:
Yes, I have an X2, 35 jumps, could probably reach the risers on opening when my legs are bent.
The question that concerns ME: Are you scared wearing anything but a T-Shirt or rash guard long sleeve shirt (lycra, like in kiteboarding) under your TonyWS because there is no cutaway on the arms? My answer to this one would be YES! Sorry...

Good point and added! Now there is a comment section at the end regardless of use of the sleeves. The intent of the survey was to gather actual experiences but comments wont do any harm.

Regarding your question. You will have to bend your legs some. From the manual:

The escape sleeves allows you to reach the risers / toggles without unzipping the wings. Good for dealing with an off heading opening. Remember to punch both arms forwards before reaching up, it also helps to raise your knees slightly.

What I tell customers is: On a standard sleeve don't have any bulky layer on the arm. If you wear a long sleeve shirt you should roll it up above the elbow before you jump.

Newer suits have an option for a lycra sleeve which gives a lot more clearance if you wear layers. I don't have experience with this and we don't really have it on many of our rentals. The design is more for use in the BASE world where cold exposure is a real issue. It would take a cold skydive to worry about your arms getting danergously cold. I never heard of elbow frost bite. ;)

Personally I would NOT wear anything bulky on my arms when using the standard sleeve. So you have reached the correct conclusion.
Summer Rental special, 5 weeks for the price of 4! That is $160 a month.

Try before You Buy with Wicked Wingsuits - WingsuitRental.com

I use the sleeves on every jump. As soon as I'm stable my hands are on the rear risers in case I need them. When I'm sure I'm clear and headed to the LZ I unzip. If it's cold I'll wear a long sleeve T-shirt without problems. No doubt anything more bulky could be a problem, but I don't wear it.

I am a firm believer in the benefit of the safety sleeve.
But what do I know?