kallend

Wingsuit 100 way at Perris

I know of one person that was wearing his personal one but he hasn't looked at any of the info yet (we got home yesterday). Also the organizers placed some on the leading 4 way and i'm not sure if they have released any of the info yet.

The entire event was amazing and thanks to all the fliers and organizers. I would also agree i still have dirt in my suit from the may event i don't think i'll ever get it all out of my suit.:D

Was anyone wearing a FlySight (or other GPS)? I would be interested in average vertical speed, horizontal speed, and glide ratio.

I believe so, but until those data are forthcoming here's some info: I was getting around 2:15 freefall time according to my Altitrak on each jump, exiting around 13000ft agl and coming out 19th from the "C" plane. The exit was taking around 7 seconds so I suspect the floaters were getting over 2:20 freefall times.

I also give kudos to the organizing team. The plane captains were just great and Perris did a fine job of hosting the event.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

does anyone know how the Russian lady who had the canopy collision during the record attempts is doing ? also was it due to incorrect break off during the record?

This was a WR event and you can probably imagine that break off procedure and safety for people was paramount during briefings. I bet it was as good as can be done.

I read in the incident forum that there was an elliptical canopy being used by one of the jumpers involved in the incident. People attending an event such as this using an elliptical canopy is making a bad choice.

does anyone know how the russian lady who had the canopy collision during the record attempts is doing ? also was it due to incorrect break off during the record?

One of the videographers caught the breakoff, which was according to plan. The 2 jumpers were on DIVERGENT paths and well separated at the time the videographer deployed and looked away. The video did not show the jumpers' deployments or the collision.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.