uberchris

progression

so i now have 6 jumps on my skyflyer1. i am stable, on heading, and so far have been pulling nice and stable as well. i know this isnt alot of jumps but im going to keep cranking them out..........

I understand that this is not the best choice for a beginner suit, with the whole skinny legwing issue, and that they can get unstable easy, but for now its what ive got for the next few months until i bank some money away and get a custom fit suit...............

so my question , is it possible for a newbie wingsuiter to learn to fly the shit out of a skyflyer, in a bunch of different flight configurations, and get competent enough to step up to say a T-bird or S-bird? am i going to be learning bad habits on the skyflyer? im thinking about really cranking out 100+ jumps on my skyflyer over the next couple of months but i dont want to be picking up bad flying habits early on

flame away, shoot me advice, anything is good. thanks in advance
gravity brings me down.........

is it possible for a newbie wingsuiter to learn to fly the shit out of a skyflyer, in a bunch of different flight configurations, and get competent enough to step up to say a T-bird or S-bird?

Absolulely you can learn to fly your body in a Skyflyer, even though it isn't ideal for where you'll go next. Flying your body is more important than fabric flying you.

am i going to be learning bad habits on the skyflyer?

Nothing you can't "unlearn" very, very fast. Flying your body is the primary skill (and one so few people really learn before upsizing), and a small suit will give you those skills if you work on improving each jump.

the same way you can learn to wingsuit from tracking, you will still gain the knowledge and awareness required to fly more fabric later. Not to say that when you get into your new suit later on that you would fly it perfect, it will take a little bit to become comfortable in it.
IHYD