QuietStorm

Possibility of Insurance Companies to cancel DZO aircraft policies who fly wingsuiters due to tailstrikes?

11.....double digits....[:/]
Simon, made that 1k donation to the skydiving museum yet?

If you recall my bet was to name dropzones where wingsuiting was banned...the list got to 2.
Summer Rental special, 5 weeks for the price of 4! That is $160 a month.

Try before You Buy with Wicked Wingsuits - WingsuitRental.com

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=4372794;page=1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25

You seen this? You heard about this?

I have an AWCD in the works...it works like an AAD only in reverse....

*Automatic Wing Closing Device
Summer Rental special, 5 weeks for the price of 4! That is $160 a month.

Try before You Buy with Wicked Wingsuits - WingsuitRental.com

Add another to the list: Start Skydiving - New policy is no Wingsuit Exits from side door aircraft until a formal training program can be implemented and all wingsuit flyers will have to show evidence of completing the program and will have to sign a liability agreement that if they damage the plane they will pay for it.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

11.....double digits....[:/]
Simon, made that 1k donation to the skydiving museum yet?

Folks here are my "thoughts and concerns":

Do you remember when we were school age kids and we would fight, fuss, bitch, and argue with our siblings or classmates? The bickering went on to a point until "authority over us" parents or teachers got tired of the noise, problems, and disruption into thier world and said to us; "if you don't work it out amongst yourselves - I'm going to step in and fix the problem; and if I do - your not going to like the result".

I'm a very "independent / libertarian" type of person so I'm the last one who raises my hand and invites regulation, rules, and authority - I like to take care of things myself.

As a supervisor and leader I've learned that people are more willing to follow an agreement / understanding that they came together on - rather than having something forced onto them. So in the past I've had to say "if you guys don't figure this out amongst yourselves - I'm going to step in and settle it to stop all the problems and noise" ; Its never a good thing.
We had better stop in-fighting and figure this out ourselves - QUICKLY.

All I want is for new wingsuit pilots getting trained correctly based on our "combined" experiences / lessons learned to date and NOT HIT THE TAIL OF THE AIRCRAFT !

But even "structure and regulation " to training is no 100% guarantee to prevent a tail strike.

As "experienced" wingsuiters we need to remind ourselves and each other on each jump of the tail strike danger. We need that "sticker" of Avoid The Bite - Wingsuiter Public Awareness Campaign; we need to bring this into our Safety Culture ....commonly found in Aviation. We are more than just skydivers; as wingsuiters we are aviators. We need to rise above and act as such.

I'm 45; and what I've learned in life and business so far is money, lawyers, and insurance companies are the tail that wags the dog and calls the shots.

Aircraft owners / operators are BUSINESS MEN. Dropzone owners / operators are BUSINESS MEN.

Business is about increasing your sales, controlling your costs, and making PROFIT. A dropzone is no different.

If Insurance Companies who underwrite these policies and thier Lawyers ( The Big Money ) "Risk Management" decide that it is not worth the "Risk" of having wingsuiters continue to exit poorly and damage aircraft they insure- they can simply tell the Aircraft Owner / Operator that they will not cover any claims resulting from wingsuit tail strikes; or forbid it in the policy. If you don't like it - your policy is cancelled - have a nice day! It is done out of financial interest.

Much easier for a DZO to capitulate and say "OK Mr. Big Insurance company and your Risk Management Lawyers....no more wingsuits out of my airplanes on my dropzone."

No smart businessman in the dropzone business is going to provide the option for a wingsuiter tto sign a waiver / release allowing the DZO to sue the wingsuiter for physical damages to aircraft because of the associated legal costs of the civil suit and low probability of even getting the money back from a "broke" skydiver.

Just like parents and teachers stepping in and "solving the problem between bickering children " for them - and they won't like the end result

GAME OVER PEOPLE ! It's that simple. I want you to stop and think about how many products, services, or activities are influenced by or have literally been "ruined" over liability issues, litigants, and insurance. It runs the world folks.

As a wingsuiter I feel powerless; like I'm caught is some sort of crossfire in a 3rd world civil war.

When it comes to discussions about "standardization" of Safe Operating Procedures, consistency in training ....that can help but a major stop to these tail strikes all I hear is a big noisy war of "bickering children" and a complete soap opera. Personal vendettas and selfish agendas, flaming on this board, and individual who formed a petition with forged signatures trying to stop progress at the USPA Board Meeting. Bickering, pissing, moaning, fighting, arguing ; personal agendas - it just never ends - for years - it just never stops; its just keeps going on and on and on.......with no end in sight for the "kids to stop arguing and fighting"

Circa 1987 when I first jumped I "dreamed" of wingsuiting; the dream of human flight has now come true. I think if the FAA steps in from an incident; and the " Light Goes On " at Insurance Companies of the "High Increased Risk of Aircraft Damage" from wingsuiters - We will become and Endangered Species.

And it is very well possible that if the wingsuit civil war and infighting does not stop so we can get our shit together; insurance companies ( Big Money ) are going to end wingsuiting for us.

My biggest fear is showing up to my DropZone and being approached by the ST&A or DZO who have know me as responsible wingsuiter for years say "Sorry - no more wingsuits on this Dropzone - Aircraft Insurance Policy says so"

And I'm willing to bet that if this happened; the wingsuit "community" would spend its time on the ground with no wingsuits on with Dropzone on the laptop......bitching, fussing, arguing, fighting; pointing fingers and blaming so and so.

People I think we are "there" and "on the edge" right before AUTHORITY ( Mom-Dad / Teacher ) steps in.....and solves thier own problem we created for them.

Agreed with every word, and though more than guilty of sometimes making annoyed replies, they stem from the same frustration. Why cant people see this is about helping us as a community vs people out to grab money or look important.

If something positive, structured, disciplined and mandatory/official isnt promoted and instated by us soon, something will be forced down our collective throats from above/outside regardless of us liking it or not.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?