kallend

Personal vendettas...

Really? The one who claims to represent the whole wingsuit community (they sure as shit do not represent me) that goes to the BOD meeting where they are reprimanded for providing false data in their quickly hodge podged hail mary survey that included, non skydivers, non wingsuiters and non USPA members, and for generally composing themselves in a deplorable manner. The one who did not work tirelessly to update the SIM's section on wingsuiting significantly yet attacks the person you did. The one who has provided zero constructive feedback. The one who changed the base on the most recent record so that it would fit after the dive, otherwise it would not have. The one who keeps clinging to a shitty formation standard claiming we are different because we have no competition system compared to FS and VFS. We have a competition system that just doesn't work well with their chosen giant suits.

And the one who is organizing a 100 way (maybe 100) who can't safely conduct a 2 way.

I am sick and tired of seeing this person trying to pull the wool over everyones' eyes.

QED

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Are rapidly ruining this activity.

Do any of you remember when you jumped just because it's FUN??? B|

Yes, last Monday. Did some nice RW 28 ways. No competition, no records, paid for my own jumps. Gave a packing lesson (didn't charge for it).

In fact, I've paid for every jump I ever made. Wouldn't do that if it weren't fun.

Do any of you remember when you jumped just because it's FUN??? B|

Yeah. I've been having awesome freeflying jumps with my girlfriend, and some friends on the dz.
In wingsuiting, I've been having awesome solos that were aimed at performance or cloud flying.

I rarely do not have fun skydiving. If I did, I would not be jumping. But I now also avoid wingsuiters and their dramas and choose to do solos.

But I now also avoid wingsuiters

Sounds a lot like you and Kallend are the drama queens.
The drama mostly seems to be centered around money, BOD meetings and 'records'. Avoid those things, and you'll see the wingsuit crowd is nothing but awesome people.

Whatever drama there is, it stays on the ground, and the air is all fun and awesomeness.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

The drama mostly seems to be centered around money, BOD meetings and 'records'. Avoid those things, and you'll see the wingsuit crowd is nothing but awesome people.

Whatever drama there is, it stays on the ground, and the air is all fun and awesomeness.

The last 5 years wingsuiting (fl0cking) make me want to think the opposite. Constant fear to not stop on anyone feathers and not offend brand x or y or who's dick is bigger (read: who is a better flyer)
Enough was enough.

I actually find you as a drama queen afficionado

I think that deserves an irony score.

I actually find you as a drama queen afficionado

Perhaps attend some different events and jump with different people...
As most of the drama seems to stem from the small retarded record scene, while there is a load of awesome funjumping, acrobatics and whatever else out there to have fun with.

And if pushing for safety and proper instruction makes me a drama queen afficionado (what it is with people and big words, latin etc:S), than thats a badge Ill wear with honor:D

Cheers,
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

As most of the drama seems to stem from the small retarded record scene,,

Haven't you been involved with the FAI-IPC initiative on wingsuit records? Does that make you a retard?

Haven't you been involved with the FAI-IPC initiative on wingsuit records? Does that make you a retard?

Seeing the endless stream of emails that non-wingsuit flyers sent in to IPC due to campaigns with false information, and how utterly clueless most of those where, and also seeing the time and effort it costs...for sure I feel like one at times.

But seeing the FAI/IPC is working in a very structured step by step way to create a meaningful and functional formation judging standard (not one forced by fake sentiments and email barages), it seems to be an effort worth investing my (own) time and money in.
Seeing the right people also see the sense in other systems, and the nonsense in the USPA grid is also encouraging.

For the record, FAI/IPC is not in any way involved with the 100 way USPA attempt (not WORLD record), nor will it validate the record now or in the future based on the wonky USPA grid. Its hilarious seeing the false information used to get people to show up. Getting an FAI licence in hopes of seeing it as an official record is false advertising at most. Nothing more, nothing less. But that and calling it a world record is forgiven, as that person apparently knows nothing about IPC/FAI, right?

Even more sad and pathetic to see cheating is needed to validate smaller formations submitted recently.

Have a good day..Im off to the DZ to fly my wingsuit with friends;)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Amazing stuff going on here lately. I'm dumbfounded. Just read the "incident" report and read Taya's drivel on her blog and just got off the phone with some people trying to decipher what the hell went on in Chicago. What's wrong with you people? By the way, this isn't directed at any one person in particular, but the collective group. The shit that's been going on at board meetings is deplorable, too. I'm ashamed to be associated with people who would stoop to such childlike behavior. You can count me out of any future "charity" events. I'll keep to the business of training people to do this shit safely and you people can continue to give each other reach-arounds.

Chuck

Excepting the comment noting Purple Mike is a badass flyer, this thread is Drivel. Drivel. We’re supposed to be the “cool people” in skydiving and we’ve got threads arguing about state records? State records are like doing something while walking backwards and chewing gum at the same time.

Fastest/Farthest/Biggest/Highest matters, but not if you take to down to the level of states or small countries. Most people are not even concerned with national records. Fastest runner on the planet – that’s cool. Fastest runner in Scotland or Delaware – doesn’t really matter much.

Let’s get back to the badass flying and awesomeness. Before some of the younger jumpers realise we’re just as pedantic as the FS crowd.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

Amazing stuff going on here lately. I'm dumbfounded. Just read the "incident" report and read Taya's drivel on her blog and just got off the phone with some people trying to decipher what the hell went on in Chicago. What's wrong with you people? By the way, this isn't directed at any one person in particular, but the collective group. The shit that's been going on at board meetings is deplorable, too. I'm ashamed to be associated with people who would stoop to such childlike behavior. You can count me out of any future "charity" events. I'll keep to the business of training people to do this shit safely and you people can continue to give each other reach-arounds.

Chuck

Seems like you agree with me.

Here ya go...

I assure everyone that the my actions with the Competition Committee have nothing to with so called "personal vendettas". The actions would have been taken no matter who submitted, or organized the event.

For records to be true, meaningful, and fair, an equal playing field is required for all formations no matter what size. This equal playing field is set by the rules. The formation in question doesn't meet these rules. If you don't like the current rules, discuss them civilly as a community and change/adjust them. A community will supersede any loud voices in the room.

Go out and fly with your friends, your enemies, newbies, old-bies, and even Chuck Blue (;)). They are all family that share the same passion. Keep pushing the discipline forwards and enjoy... Continue to show each other some cool stuff. Set your own path.

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

Excepting the comment noting Purple Mike is a badass flyer, this thread is Drivel. Drivel.

Relax. People are bored, drunk and tired. They need to vent somewhere and this is the place they choose.
I have no idea how many WS pilots there are in the US or the world but I am sure that most of them don't pay any attention to this crap.

On the subject of Purple Mike: We have never met. I have seen his videos. He is good, just look at the authentic picture.(Copyright belongs to whoever own it. Can someone help me with a proper citation here. I don't want to infringe.)
There are no dangerous dives
Only dangerous divers