steveorino

Wingsuit jump at night

Just did my first WS jump at night this weekend. I jumped out of a Cessna 182 at 10.5K feet. I have 100 or so WS jumps, and 100 or more night jumps. This was the BEST WS jump so far. I only wished I had another WSer with experience that could have flocked with me. I felt so at peace. And I set a PR for slowest speed -- just 62 mph but I'm a tank and I don't jump a giant bed sheet!! Could the night jump help reduce the speed??

steveOrino

Biggest difference is probably your mindset, and not having a huge focus on the ground and/or horizon. So you are actually 'feeling' the flying, instead of doing it based on sight. And thus getting the more into the right angle of attack for optimal flight...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Just did my first WS jump at night this weekend. I jumped out of a Cessna 182 at 10.5K feet. I have 100 or so WS jumps, and 100 or more night jumps. This was the BEST WS jump so far. I only wished I had another WSer with experience that could have flocked with me. I felt so at peace. And I set a PR for slowest speed -- just 62 mph but I'm a tank and I don't jump a giant bed sheet!! Could the night jump help reduce the speed??

Fewer photons pushing you downward toward the Earth.

(I just post this stuff to make Kallend's head explode.)

I <3 wingsuit night jumps as well, and yeah, they are more fun in small groups...
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

Fewer photons pushing you downward toward the Earth.

(I just post this stuff to make Kallend's head explode.)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiation_pressure

And then there's

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MhgnMX73Pw

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

One of my favorite jumps was a night wingsuit 2-way with flyingfishman about 8 or 9 years ago, totally relaxed grips for a full minute and cheshire cat grins. B| Just us from a 182, unforgettable jump. Night wingsuit jumps are the shit alright.

Sometimes you eat the bear..............

sweet! I am thinking about doing a wingsuit 3way next weekend if I am not too tired...at the end of skydiving days lately I have been tired as shit (after the work week and the heat of the day jumping).

usually at the end of the day a bongrip and some loving sounds better than a skydive but now you've psyched me for it.

Biggest difference is probably your mindset, and not having a huge focus on the ground and/or horizon. So you are actually 'feeling' the flying, instead of doing it based on sight. And thus getting the more into the right angle of attack for optimal flight...

Do you know any places in Europa where i can make a WS-Nightjump?

usually at the end of the day a bongrip and some loving sounds better than a skydive but now you've psyched me for it.

"Bon" is French for "good" I think... so when you say bongrip and some loving, you mean "good grip and some loving?" :o
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

and with LOTS of glow sticks!
B|

one word: EL-wire!!!

even cooler is chasing el wire!

btw that was cool at zhills! green el wire all the way!

im working on my setup... 10m el wire (yellow and green), 5m of white led strip lights, and shit ton of strobes in the wings!
Flock University FWC / ZFlock
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121