Jasonm47

BASE first or wingsuit first?

fucking retards

elaborate

If the OP can't navigate and land worth a ****, then it doesn't matter what he does first because he won't last long as BASE jumper whether he's wearing a wingsuit or not.

Kinda funny how all the other posters totally ignore the most important part of the whole equation in favor of pontificating on jump numbers, canopy types, wing loading and which freefall skill to learn first, none of which matter if you can't walk away from the landing area -- most of which in BASE are smaller and gnarlier than even the tightest drop zones.

Or as Number One Sky Monkey say...

B|

i guess that totally depends on what kind of base jumps he does now doesnt it

One last thing before I embark on my journey. DAMN you for trying to hoard the dream of men. For centuries men have dreamed of flight. Since we could look up to the skies. It is not yours to have. It is not yours to control and no matter how hard you try you will not contain it. I know what its like to lose a brother/friend to combat or a cause, or "fun". Shit happens. "Whatever happens, happens". We choose our destiny. You don't have the right to take it from anyone. Who do you think you are???

We choose our destiny. You don't have the right to take it from anyone. Who do you think you are???

OTOH, YOU don't have the right to fuck things up for everyone else. What YOU do reflects on the entire community. When YOU die doing something that others suggested you wait to do, it's not just YOU that is impacted.

Nobody is taking anything away from you by suggesting that you get some experience jumping out of airplanes before jumping off a bridge. But nobody is STOPPING you from jumping off a bridge right now.

Either suck it up and get the experience so the people who know about what you want to do will be willing to work with you, or shut up and go jump off something.

And you might want to grow a skin too - preferably thick. I hear BASE jumpers eat their young even worse than skydivers do.

nobody is hoarding base jumping...the terminal antennaes around your house are swaying quietly in the night right now!s what I thought about the World Trade Center They will be waiting quietly for you when you are ready - nobody is planning on taking them down (or guarding them) anytime soon.

That's what I thought about the World Trade Center...

:(
SCR-6933 / SCS-3463 / D-5533 / BASE 44 / CCS-37 / 82d Airborne (Ret.)

"The beginning of wisdom is to first call things by their right names."

nobody is hoarding base jumping...the terminal antennaes around your house are swaying quietly in the night right now!s what I thought about the World Trade Center They will be waiting quietly for you when you are ready - nobody is planning on taking them down (or guarding them) anytime soon.

That's what I thought about the World Trade Center...

:(

haha!

nobody is hoarding base jumping...the terminal antennaes around your house are swaying quietly in the night right now! They will be waiting quietly for you when you are ready - nobody is planning on taking them down (or guarding them) anytime soon.

im sorry, jason, would you be a dear friend and tell me exactly where you live? specifically is good, and a pin on google earth is best!!!!!!!

regards
chris
gravity brings me down.........

? LOL I would live out of my vehicle if it meant i could jump everyday. LOVE IT.

Careful, this is how people become packers.

You telling me some packers actual own a car??;)
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity