5.samadhi

docked formations? why not???

why not make formations with wingsuits the same as every other discipline in skydiving where contact (dock) is required for the formation to build???

I was trying to explain that to my gf who saw a wingsuit formation picture and asked why they aren't "holding hands like the regular skydivers do" - I couldnt explain it at all.

I wasn't around when the proposal for the grid was discussed/passed but I think it must hae been disscussed to great lengths here and elsewhere...

I recently had a chance to talk with Scott Bland who said, and I quote: "If you guys dock a 4way diamond, you will be the first in the world!"

So my take on the situation is that rather than have a 3way be the world record they just went with something easier. I think it should be docked formations, that way people would work on that more rather than loose flocks... but hey I love loose flocks cause I can actually get in there lol

I wasn't around when the proposal for the grid was discussed/passed but I think it must hae been disscussed to great lengths here and elsewhere...

I recently had a chance to talk with Scott Bland who said, and I quote: "If you guys dock a 4way diamond, you will be the first in the world!"

So my take on the situation is that rather than have a 3way be the world record they just went with something easier. I think it should be docked formations, that way people would work on that more rather than loose flocks... but hey I love loose flocks cause I can actually get in there lol

Think about a 4way diamond.
the point and 2 sides will have little issue docking, but the rear will have a bit of a problem. There is insufficient room for the rear to move forward enough to take a dock.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

5.samadhi; many do make wingsuit jumps with docks, I did some last weekend. And nothing others are doing differently stops you from doing docked formations...or from choosing other directions in wingsuiting such as small ways, acro, performance solos, backflying, etc. Do whatever you enjoy and LTD...

Why flying wingsuits "the same as every other discipline in skydiving..." is a logical reason for how we should fly escapes me however. Maybe spending less time trying to explain hand holding to your girlfriend would be helpful...

5.samadhi; many do make wingsuit jumps with docks, I did some last weekend. And nothing others are doing differently stops you from doing docked formations...or from choosing other directions in wingsuiting such as small ways, acro, performance solos, backflying, etc. Do whatever you enjoy and LTD...

Why flying wingsuits "the same as every other discipline in skydiving..." is a logical reason for how we should fly escapes me however. Maybe spending less time trying to explain hand holding to your girlfriend would be helpful...

haha!

I agree with you in principle, I love chasing puffy clouds with my wingsuit and flying for performance so I'm not personally too interested in doing formations (docked or slot specific).

well, my curiosity was more like "why has it evolved so far this way and why not with docked"

I wasn't trying to say that everybody should conform to one way or another I hope that is obvious.

today was awesome there was clouds to 10k B|