mariobat

Open corners on G4

I unstitched completely and am dissatisfied with how the container looks when closed now. It looks like a fat woman squeezed into a tight tank top.

An inch or two stitched at the bottom is better as it maintains conformity of the pack tray better.

I did notice going from the standard factory stitching to completely open made my openings a lot sweeter!

You may have to ask a rigger to add a few zigzag stitches at the end to avoid unstitching.
If you open an already finished seam in the middle it will start to loosen up.
Engineering Law #5: The most vital dimension on any plan drawing stands the most chance of being omitted

From the FARs:

2) The reserve parachute is housed in the upper container and the main parachute is housed in the lower container. Because the harness and container system is one unit, any change or alteration to the main container could affect the operation of the auxiliary/reserve container and should be considered major.

Meaning in the USA a master rigger or original manufacturer is required to open the corners. Not the user, not a senior rigger.

Not that any of us would undertake such a task.
Sometimes you eat the bear..............

Legal isn't my call. As far as I'm concerned modify your gear at your own risk. The issue I see is selling gear that was modified by a non-rigger.

Ok...I understand!
In this container its also easy to come back from this MOD with a simple rigger's work;)

Blue skyes
M

I cant believe people go around doing this sort of bs to perfectly servicable containers. But whatever maked you feel special and unique i guess pfftt pull your finger out!

let me ask do you wingsuit? Do you understand that when pulling in full flight in a wingsuit the dbag can kick off the stitched corners and causes line twists?

Hello everyone,
For WS jumps Mirage says (on G4 containers) to unstich the bottom corners leaving the last 1" still stiched.
In your experience it's better to unstich the corners completely or not?

Thanks
Mario

I Made around 500 WS Jumps with 2 PdF Rigs unmodded and didnt feel it needfully to make a mod