ChunkyT

Havok removable face shield?

I have looked at many other posts to see if this was mentioned, but i could not find any; so send me off if someone knows of a post that discusses this. But does anyone know if the Havok's face shield can be removed completely, leaving you with a standard freefly helmet? Thanks for your input in advance

We are creatures of the air, Our roots in dreams And clouds, reborn In flight.
-Salmon Rushdie

Do you mean the face shield only, or also the hinged part that included the chin guard? I am sure the face shield comes off completely (as I have replaced mine). Not sure about removing the rest, although I'm sure you can do it, I'm just not sure that what remains would be useful, comfortable, etc.

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

i was wondering if the whole face shield, chin cup, etc (everything that hinges down to make it a full face helmet) removes; which i think i have an answer for that...thanks!!!

We are creatures of the air, Our roots in dreams And clouds, reborn In flight.
-Salmon Rushdie

You can remove the entire face shield, or just the lens -- your choice

you can remove the plexiglass sheild. you cannot remove the face sheild, remember this is the part of the helmet that "ratchets" the face sheild down and secures it in place.
--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

you can remove the plexiglass sheild. you cannot remove the face sheild, remember this is the part of the helmet that "ratchets" the face sheild down and secures it in place.

No, you really can remove it (I was told this by a bonehead employee, I think -- it was a long time ago). It looks really strange, but the chinstrap is enough to hold the helmet in place.

It looks really strange, but the chinstrap is enough to hold the helmet in place

the helmet looks strange enough the way it is. to remove the face sheild itself, and depend on the chin strap alone, yes, it could be done. i was referring to the "ratchet" strap and keeper on top of the helmet, and the way it secures the helmet on your chin and the top of your head. (i've been flying mine now for over 1 1/2 years) another thing, if you remove the face sheild, you have just removed your external audibles with it. if you were to remove it, might as well fly a mindwarp! :)
--Richard--

why do you want to take the face shield off? What a waste!

i don't, and wouldn't. the original poster was asking if it could be done. i love mine as well, i catch a little heat over it, but it's mine! ;)
--Richard--