roostnureye

Wingsuits Banned at DZs

Rich, I can see everyones IP address in the forum ;) but this goes back to what I just posted above, it's a general lack of intestinal fortitude to look another person in the eye and say whats on their mind.

"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

You can try and make this about my business if you want...but actually it is just about my opinion. Don't confuse the two.

Are we worried that maybe the list of wingsuit banned dropzones isn't actually long enough to justify a wingsuit instructor rating maybe???

Ditto.

Touche
Summer Rental special, 5 weeks for the price of 4! That is $160 a month.

Try before You Buy with Wicked Wingsuits - WingsuitRental.com

Seems that swoopers can have a similar discussion without it being a secret.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3349452;search_string=banned%20list;#3349452

Did this post result in DZO's all over the country banning swooping?

Rumors of wingsuitings death are greatly over exaggerated.
Summer Rental special, 5 weeks for the price of 4! That is $160 a month.

Try before You Buy with Wicked Wingsuits - WingsuitRental.com

Rich, I can see everyones IP address in the forum ;) but this goes back to what I just posted above, it's a general lack of intestinal fortitude to look another person in the eye and say whats on their mind.

I can't see your eyes... you're wearing sunglasses! B|
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

... it's a general lack of intestinal fortitude to look another person in the eye and say whats on their mind...

[Big old sigh.] It was I. Alt set up a long time ago, actually forgot I had it. That will teach me to try to be humorous without getting involved in a pissing contest.

Lesson learned is to post behind proxies or risk some self-important mod-min from crapping on you and thinking they can be douchey because you'll never respond...

Yes, Scott, I just called you self-important. Is that direct enough for you? I'll add a picture just so you can look into my eye as I call you that. I'll repeat it in person with a bullhorn. We cool now? Awesome.

But I stand by my original comment. It was exactly the point that others made, and it's so fucking obvious a paste-eating child would notice it.

And Simon and Spot: I've talked to both of you guys from time to time. If either of you can't take being called on your bullshit, then I'll happily not bother talking to you again.

-Jeff Donohue

Edited to add: Sorry I didn't use my sexy face in the pic. I'm sure you guys will forgive me.
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

^ ruggedly handsome with a touch of metrosexuality

I just shared that description with my fiancee. She asked, "How the Hell can he tell that, given you're wearing a wife beater in dim light?"

She's a smart one, that one. Polish women FTW.

Jeff, you and anyone else can try and hide behind all the proxies you want, the MODs don't care. We figure out who's who fairly quickly, quicker than it takes people to set up behind all their proxies just so they can spew some playground barbs at others.

You or anyone else who posts to this forum shouldn't have to be called on the carpet to finally man up to something you wrote. If you stand by your original comment you should have said it from your usual user name. A good rule of thumb that I have advocated in the forums over the years to everyone is if they wouldn't say it to someones face in person, they probably shouldn't post it to a forum. Likewise, if they decide to post something to a forum and they feel the need to hide behind another user name to do it they should probably reevaluate why they are posting it in the first place and why they feel the need to hide from others and their own comments. Say what you mean and mean what you say and don't be afraid to take responsibility for your actions, comments and or beliefs online and in person.

My calling you out on your bullshit doesn't make me self important but if thinking that helps you look at your self in the mirror and sleep sound at night then power to you, however I find it highly unlikely that you would repeat that in person as you claim. But it is good to see that your balls have finally dropped and you expressing your real thoughts for a change. Stay thirsty my friend.:)

"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

My calling you out on your bullshit doesn't make me self important

Agreed. It wasn't that.

however I find it highly unlikely that you would repeat that in person as you claim.

This is a fair accusation. I do not own a bull horn. Can I add an interpretive dance instead?

Peace out.

Talking safety but letting a 120 jump wonder fly a wingsuit at a bigway boogie against other LO's recommendations, and never having the balls to fess up to that publicly and solving it by deleting posts also aint a thing to brag about. Or making people 'instructors' with less than half the mandatory experience. Nor is the fact that you can see a malasian IP adress from an anonymous person surfing via a proxy anything you (nor an actual IT expert) can link to Skwrl or anyone else.

Accusing people of bragging and having big ego's but whoring a greeny status around and at most abusing it to further discussions in your own favour is all people see you do around here.
Skwrl flies at a load of events, makes awesome photo's and is a kickass flyer that has my utmost respect. Show up at some actual wingsuit events and fly as much as he or some of the people you discredit constantly have done the last 5 years and perhaps earn the right to say such things again. But stop riding that wave of 'i used to do this a lot' for streetcred.

I miss the old days of ground pictures with sunglasses and that single backflying photo reposted 29 times a month.;)

Enjoy this post for the 5 minutes its here:D:P

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Talking safety but letting a 120 jump wonder fly a wingsuit at a bigway boogie against other LO's recommendations, and never having the balls to fess up to that publicly and solving it by deleting posts also aint a thing to brag about. Or making people 'instructors' with less than half the mandatory experience. Nor is the fact that you can see a malasian IP adress from an anonymous person surfing via a proxy anything you (nor an actual IT expert) can link to Skwrl or anyone else.

Accusing people of bragging and having big ego's but whoring a greeny status around and at most abusing it to further discussions in your own favour is all people see you do around here.
Skwrl flies at a load of events, makes awesome photo's and is a kickass flyer that has my utmost respect. Show up at some actual wingsuit events and fly as much as he or some of the people you discredit constantly have done the last 5 years and perhaps earn the right to say such things again. But stop riding that wave of 'i used to do this a lot' for streetcred.

I miss the old days of ground pictures with sunglasses and that single backflying photo reposted 29 times a month.;)

Enjoy this post for the 5 minutes its here:D:P

Yup.

If this is one big family, it is the most dysfunctional family I have ever witnessed.

That's an understatement if I've ever heard one. A lot of the dysfunction occurs online. Go to a boogie and everyone is smiles and jumps together and if you bring up an ongoing topic of discussion, all of a sudden there isn't an issue anymore, face to face conversations are entirely different than what is encountered online in my experience..

I have to disagree with that.

I have been to three events over the past 4 years at which well known individuals (who post in this forum) refused to participate for reasons entirely associated with the politics of wingsuiting (one example - because he disagreed with the USPA's method of verifying wingsuit formation records and the way it was presented to the BOD).

"Can't we all just get along"; Rodney King

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I have been to three events over the past 4 years at which well known individuals (who post in this forum) refused to participate for reasons entirely associated with the politics of wingsuiting (one example - because he disagreed with the USPA's method of verifying wingsuit formation records and the way it was presented to the BOD).

I can understand why someone who doesn't agree with the USPA's method of verifying wingsuit formation records wouldn't want to attend a wingsuit formation event ...

"Can't we all just get along"; Rodney King

Do you really want to quote Rodney King? :S
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Its "Can't we all get along" The word "Just" is an incorrect addition.
That aside, if anyone on a DZ doesnt like the discipline, jumps, judging or any other aspect and chooses to jump with others, elsewhere or sit a dive out thats just choosing to do what they like and love. Sounds perfectly sane to me?

threatening to throw someone of a DZ and not allowing them to participate if they even talk or show people other judging methods...thats another story..:D

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

That's an understatement if I've ever heard one. A lot of the dysfunction occurs online. Go to a boogie and everyone is smiles and jumps together and if you bring up an ongoing topic of discussion, all of a sudden there isn't an issue anymore, face to face conversations are entirely different than what is encountered online in my experience..

I have to disagree with that.

I can understand why someone who doesn't agree with the USPA's method of verifying wingsuit formation records wouldn't want to attend a wingsuit formation event ...

I made no value judgment about whether it was understandable or not. Simply pointed out that all is NOT sweetness and light when people meet face to face at the dropzone.

So how about we get back to list of DZ's where Wingsuiting is banned :)

I was hoping to throw some money at the NSM but I guess I need to find another excuse...

You can use it to fund my Flysight mounts.;)

I live by a ski hill that banned snow boarding before it got popular. My friend tried and tried to get the owner to listen to him about the new craze. The owner finally changed his mind years later and now the ski hill is mostly snow boarders. They built a huge terrain park with jumps etc. and people come from all over to snow board there.B|

Yet Alta and Deer Valley among others continue to ban snowboarding. I'm not aware of any snowboard-only areas and I don't see any coming. I do support the idea of a wingsuit-only DZ, I hope a really wealthy wingsuit pilot starts one soon near here. Naturally safety is my main concern, wouldn't want any conflict with those nasty freefallers and tandems you know.
Sometimes you eat the bear..............

I lived in Europe when the boards first appeared and most Resorts banned them at first sight. The ban was very common here to. It is funny how some of those same resorts that initially banned boards now feature board parks once that part of the sport got "big".

Some DZs have banned XRW and wingsuit flybys and I have no personal objection for their decision. It went as far as someone claiming to me in 2011 that parachutist would never glorify XRW in pictorials there was even a pretty negative article against that year, so I believed it. Until parachutist published project XRW in Dubai..... but .... they were kinda late.