monkycndo

FFC coaches, what would you do?

I'm also not sure which company you're talking about. But it must be the Evil Slumlord of Wingsuits with their big world office in a hidden location in the dark mountains of doom. Big tower with a glowing eye on top?

Just to get some facts straight:

Not a single PFI was 'fired'. Nor is Douglas the single 'boss of the world'. There is actually a much larger group of examiners and an even larger group of non-PF-affiliated people all working together to increase safety.
What did happen with the change from PFI to PFC> several 'bad apples' lost their 'rating' due to bad teaching skills, bad practical flying skills or not adhering to set standards.

In terms of what the program promotes in safety, and the type of training its 100% what the company stands for. Regardless if its the USPA or PF and/or FlyYourBody as a company promoting more structured training through their own programs. The fact is that its safety and structure through updated and current training techniques and knowledge thats being promoted. Nothing more, nothing less.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Are you dense? I'm not talking about Tony. When I grow up I Wanna be Tony. I named my 3 daughters after Toni.
Not only does he make the best suits ever. The ones that hold records. Do XRW, long distance record RW, highest altitude RW. Base speed race record RW. He does his own stunts. Flys a man's canopy with a wingsuit ( not recommending that you girly men try what Tony does). He sews his own suits then goes out and rocks them. One day I might buy one.

So he is too busy to be pestering my BOD with crap

Keep up the good work Tony, you rock!

How can you tell who is a WSI....

Oh don't worry he'll tell YOU! Tell how much experience he has and how fucked up everybody else is and a wonder were not dead along time ago.

Tell you about his near death malfunction after a breakfire on a sabre 2 190 @ 5000ft. OMG. Flat spinsville.

I'm reminded of a smoking discussion back in 04-05.
Converted school bus at Z-hills.
You'll never guess WHO made it his primary goal to become THE FIRST USPA rated WSI.

:D:D:D

As things worked out, it's beyond impossible for him to EVER achieve said rating now. Or in the future should the USPA create said rating.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Because you said I'll never guess I'm going to pick the improbable as I've never been to Z hills. Jeff K?

If My answer is right then let's not forget he was new then. I think he would be afraid I would ridicule him If he did go to the WSI side. I know lots of people have a boner for him. I don't. I alright with him.

He flys 10 times better than any factory WSI and does not walk around telling us were all fucked up. Mad props for that.

Jarno, you are taking a key statement totally out of context, just like FOX News.

I said that a WSI wouldn't have made a difference because there isn't even an experienced wingsuiter at the drop zone. That means there is zero chance that someone from the drop zone could ever be qualified or motivated to become a WSI. Therefore...by your logic wingsuiting wouldn't be allowed anyway because nobody is qualified to support it. Your rating is actually what will be the death of wingsuiting.
Summer Rental special, 5 weeks for the price of 4! That is $160 a month.

Try before You Buy with Wicked Wingsuits - WingsuitRental.com

Your rating is actually what will be the death of wingsuiting.

Sounds really scary! :S

But weren't you the one who said:

Let's not blow this out of proportion and scare monger.

Both sides in this fight are being way too dramatic.

Things are fairly ok right now. We're not killing ourselves left and right, and we can jump most places. That's not to say we don't need improvements.

Things would probably improve a bit with more standardized instruction, although there will certainly be some negatives (or we wouldn't be arguing), and the world still won't be perfect.

I doubt that EITHER side wants to "kill wingsuiting" or truly believes the other side will succeed in doing that. I hope nobody is that naive, at least. [:/]
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

A WSI wouldn't help one bit here anyways.

It actually would. .... Yet having Mr Cool show up the next week, slap people in big suits, flocks bigger than they should be flying in, and no attention to exits or tecnique in whatever way.

A WSI rating will prevent that guy from instructing as well.

I doubt it. We've all seen video of rated tandem instructors doing stupid things. Why would a WSI be different? Having a rating doesn't signify that you have common sense.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Your rating is actually what will be the death of wingsuiting.

Sounds really scary! :S

But weren't you the one who said:

Let's not blow this out of proportion and scare monger.

Both sides in this fight are being way too dramatic.

Things are fairly ok right now. We're not killing ourselves left and right, and we can jump most places. That's not to say we don't need improvements.

Things would probably improve a bit with more standardized instruction, although there will certainly be some negatives (or we wouldn't be arguing), and the world still won't be perfect.

I doubt that EITHER side wants to "kill wingsuiting" or truly believes the other side will succeed in doing that. I hope nobody is that naive, at least. [:/]

+1

And I think the issues of poor instruction are being conflated with issues of stupid skydiver tricks. The best instruction in the world doesn't prevent skydivers killing themselves doing stupid things.

How many WS incidents can be directly attributed to poor instruction as opposed to trying something dumb ("hold my beer and watch this") or a moment of inattention? Very few, IMO.

I doubt it. We've all seen video of rated tandem instructors doing stupid things.

Now take a wild guess as to what happened to their rating after that, and how many tandem skydives they've made since than..;)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I doubt it. We've all seen video of rated tandem instructors doing stupid things.

Now take a wild guess as to what happened to their rating after that, and how many tandem skydives they've made since than..;)

In most cases, (a) nothing and (b) lots.

You can't legislate good judgment and common sense.