monkycndo

FFC coaches, what would you do?

Why are so many opposed to improving safety, knowledge, and skill in our sport?
I don't get it.
:|

I think I might be coming across that way but honestly that is not my intent. I am very in favor of safety, knowledge, skill. I think *most* skydivers really want to learn new things, that is why they try new disciplines.

My issue is with regulation as a side effect of skewed data.

I also don't think that just a FFC would really solve the issue. Really a lot of what is being discussed need to be learned over multiple jumps, just like a canopy course where you do an Introduction and then later an Advanced. How was an Instructor rating enface that?

You can promote skills and distribute knowledge without making it mandatory.

Simon
Summer Rental special, 5 weeks for the price of 4! That is $160 a month.

Try before You Buy with Wicked Wingsuits - WingsuitRental.com

No there have not been any wingsuit incidents at Snohomish.
A few flyby and some landing conflicts with tandems were the big issues and those we only a couple people.

I am the primary person coordinating the Snohomish procedure from the WS community side, with a great deal of help from the local and national WS community. This included coordinating with established procedures and procedures in progress from Elsinore, USPA, Flock U, etc.
We have a large base of very experienced wingsuit pilots that also jump at Skydive Kapowsin (Shelton, WA). A DZ known for great attitude and plenty of room.

The procedure was well received and offered plenty of clarity and good safe practices. The issue is primarily one of DZ focus and priorities.

There is still a chance we will be able to arrange special events or days during the week when wingsuit operations will be allowed. NO GUARANTEES.

Major issue is the DZ has a 2 mile operational limit and until that is changed we have to land at the east field. This has potential conflicts with airport that DZO is not comfortable with. It's his DZ so he gets to make the rules.

However he is willing to try to have bounds expanded enough to allow long flights and landing at airport. This MAY make him comfortable enough to change things when and if DZ area can be changes.

Meanwhile we have been working on this since March of this year so we are taking a break and have some fun before working on it again.

If you want to see or comment on the procedure just let me know.
Working to be the last flyer on a birdman suit. ;-)
Who also flies a tony suit.

Forever is a very long time. I don't give up easily and I plan to get wingsuit flying open again at Snohomish. Just not likely to happen this month.

We will continue to work with DZO to find a compromise that both WS and DZO can be comfortable with. Much progress was made before the July determination.

Try making a wingsuit jump at Snohomish coming weekend, and see how that one goes...thats the future of wingsuit flying. Rules forces uppon us from the top down.

In this case, no more wingsuit flying, ever on that dropzone.

Working to be the last flyer on a birdman suit. ;-)
Who also flies a tony suit.