AND1

What's a good wingsuit canopy

Evening all just looking for some good advice I have just received my first wingsuit through the post a bird man classic 2 and ready to do my first wingsuit jump just waiting for my new rig to arrive from sun path then I can use my old javelin for a dedicated wingsuit rig,now I'm wondering what's a good wingsuiting canopy to buy as I'm looking for a pd spectre 120 but they are very rare on the market at the moment any other advice would be really great

Evening all just looking for some good advice I have just received my first wingsuit through the post a bird man classic 2 and ready to do my first wingsuit jump just waiting for my new rig to arrive from sun path then I can use my old javelin for a dedicated wingsuit rig,now I'm wondering what's a good wingsuiting canopy to buy as I'm looking for a pd spectre 120 but they are very rare on the market at the moment any other advice would be really great

Spectre
Triathlon
Storm
Sabre 1
Sabre 2
Pulse
Silhouette
Pilot
Safire

There are others too, but these are the ones we commonly see around here (and have in our student fleet, for the most part)

You have bought a wingsuit, hopefully you have taken the effort to find a good coach or instructor, so please take the effort to read the existing information which is readily available on this site FAQ's and across the forum and talk to the coach/instyructor, if I had a £ for every time this question occurs blah blah, I'm light hearted but please just do some reading and talk to a coach instructor directly about you set up, starting wingsuiting by using forums is fine but talk to real people local to you who know you your experience and your kit etc:)
Dont just talk about it, Do it!

Generally something docile and none elliptical.Sabre 1"s work well and if you shop around you can find them cheap and will a minor mod to the slider great opennings .

Even better openings without slider mods if the lines are in trim and you know how to pack a Sabre. IMO, YMMV.
Sometimes you eat the bear..............

My personal preference are 7 cell canopies of the Spectre/Triathlon class.

Today I got a holy fuckload of linetwists after jumping a new to me larger WS (Venom). I proceeded to calmly unzip my arms/legs and kicking out. No big deal and landed fine.

I have been in similar situations under a Cobalt and Crossfire2, and both resulted in chops.