hjumper33

Squirrel Suits

All of you don't understand. Maybe it's your English. Maybe it's my English. The aspect ratio has increased. Just like I said. Actually, it hasn't increased much. In fact, compared to some older versions it's decreased. It doesn't matter, it's not what I was referring to when I mentioned I was right. I'm right. I'm a genius. All of you don't understand me because I'm a genius and you're not. So you'll just have to trust me, they're adding extensions and increasing aspect ratio just like I said would happen ...
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

All of you don't understand. Maybe it's your English. Maybe it's my English. The aspect ratio has increased. Just like I said. Actually, it hasn't increased much. In fact, compared to some older versions it's decreased. It doesn't matter, it's not what I was referring to when I mentioned I was right. I'm right. I'm a genius. All of you don't understand me because I'm a genius and you're not. So you'll just have to trust me, they're adding extensions and increasing aspect ratio just like I said would happen ...

Very good, almost exactly! just take off the bit "I'm a genius and your not" because I didn't say that.
Lauren Martins - www.youtube.com/user/gisellemartins20

Lastly with the advances in wingsuit ram air pressurization its being possible to fly extreme large suits with less effort, could this be the key for bigger wingspan suits in the future? Maybe or maybe other development with carbon rods reinforced on the back? I don't know how it will happen, I just know it will happen at some point.

How do I know it will happen? because of human geniusity and because its achievable.

Since you are apparently unable to recognise design trends in current wingsuits I don't think your predictions for future design trends are going to carry much weight.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

What do you think of this, rigid arm for larger wing.
http://www.fond-ecran-image.com/galerie-membre/sport-deltaplane/deltaplane-orange.png

We are not enough muscular to have this kind of wings in a wingsuit. We have to take plane or be able to jump from the cliff with it. We have to open the parachute.
So Gisellemartins please stop talking about something you never do and just know theory about. If you are so sure of you, contact Tony, Robi or Zun and go working with them

Lastly with the advances in wingsuit ram air pressurization its being possible to fly extreme large suits with less effort, could this be the key for bigger wingspan suits in the future? Maybe or maybe other development with carbon rods reinforced on the back? I don't know how it will happen, I just know it will happen at some point.

How do I know it will happen? because of human geniusity and because its achievable.

Since you are apparently unable to recognise design trends in current wingsuits I don't think your predictions for future design trends are going to carry much weight.

I disagree with you, I've been able to predict the developments of wingsuits since many years ago, everything that I thought and said would happen is happening now, larger suits with strong pressurization and less effort required to fly + the start of use rods for extended wing "grippers"

So Gisellemartins please stop talking about something you never do and just know theory about.

Even that much is doubtful.

Your right, I don't know much, I haven't read a book specific for wingsuit design and flight yet, haven't found one unfortunately. Most things I know are based on research over the Internet and my knowledge as HG PG pilot, designer and ornithologist.

Now Mr Kellend, you claimed to know everything quite few times in other discussions, as a scientist you should know nobody knows everything about anything and as far as I can see your posts showed you dont know very much, at least in theory.

I disagree with you, I've been able to predict the developments of wingsuits since many years ago, everything that I thought and said would happen is happening now,

"Wingsuit aspect ratio is greatly increasing! ... Ok, it's not increasing much but it is increasing! ... Ok, so wingsuit aspect ratio is decreasing, but what I meant was they're getting bigger!"

"Squirrel suits are using new grippers to extend wingspan! ... Ok, so they're not extending the wingspan but they are way bigger than anyone else's puny grippers! ... OK, so they're no bigger than other grippers already being used but they are made of carbon fibre!"

"Gary Connery doesn't know what he's doing and will break his neck trying to land a wingsuit! ... Well done Gary!"

larger suits with strong pressurization and less effort required to fly + the start of use rods for extended wing "grippers"

Wow, that surely makes you some kind of incredible genius... except for the facts that the trend towards mattress suits with different air intakes was well underway when your 'predictions' started, and solid rods for long wing grippers were in use several years before you started posting here. And that in this very thread you said that current wingtip grippers are 'tiny' compared to the ones pictured on the Colugo, which is blatantly wrong, which seems to show that you don't have any idea what current wingsuits look like, let alone how they're designed.

And finally, your main prediction, since the start, has been of wingsuits with rigid frames extending the wingspan far beyond the end of the pilot's hands. And if you think that's already happening... :S

I disagree with you, I've been able to predict the developments of wingsuits since many years ago, everything that I thought and said would happen is happening now,

"Wingsuit aspect ratio is greatly increasing! ... Ok, it's not increasing much but it is increasing! ... Ok, so wingsuit aspect ratio is decreasing, but what I meant was they're getting bigger!"

"Squirrel suits are using new grippers to extend wingspan! ... Ok, so they're not extending the wingspan but they are way bigger than anyone else's puny grippers! ... OK, so they're no bigger than other grippers already being used but they are made of carbon fibre!"

"Gary Connery doesn't know what he's doing and will break his neck trying to land a wingsuit! ... Well done Gary!"

larger suits with strong pressurization and less effort required to fly + the start of use rods for extended wing "grippers"

Wow, that surely makes you some kind of incredible genius... except for the facts that the trend towards mattress suits with different air intakes was well underway when your 'predictions' started, and solid rods for long wing grippers were in use several years before you started posting here. And that in this very thread you said that current wingtip grippers are 'tiny' compared to the ones pictured on the Colugo, which is blatantly wrong, which seems to show that you don't have any idea what current wingsuits look like, let alone how they're designed.

And finally, your main prediction, since the start, has been of wingsuits with rigid frames extending the wingspan far beyond the end of the pilot's hands. And if you think that's already happening... :S

Wow indeed Jake, I will agree to disagree because this is totally off topic, you have hijacked every topic.

Why are you speaking so much about the carbon gripper?
It s just a change of the wooden one because carbon is stronger and lighter, that s all. Nothing change, no longer, no larger.
For add more wing, you need to make it rigid because we aren t strong enough. If we are wing, we stay longer in the air so we ll be frozen so it ll be a good idea to make a cabin. Wait, i have a new idea...
http://planons.free.fr/planeur3.jpg

Go, you ll recreate the plane soon

Why are you speaking so much about the carbon gripper?
It s just a change of the wooden one because carbon is stronger and lighter, that s all. Nothing change, no longer, no larger.
For add more wing, you need to make it rigid because we aren t strong enough. If we are wing, we stay longer in the air so we ll be frozen so it ll be a good idea to make a cabin. Wait, i have a new idea...
http://planons.free.fr/planeur3.jpg

Go, you ll recreate the plane soon

As a Biologist I'm well aware the size and power ratio muscle chest between humans and birds. The problems in aviation are there to be overcome.

Lastly I fly sometimes all day long on my paraglider ( no it doesn't have a cabin) and no I don't freeze even at 12000feet, there something called flying suit and protective clothing. Also I wouldn't change the freedom of feeling the wind on my face, the sensation of flying tro the air to be inside a cabin like on a sailplane.

As a Biologist I'm well aware the size and power ratio muscle chest between humans and birds.

"Bats like Pteropus vampyrus they got over 1.80meters of wingspan and they skeleton structure is very close to humans "

Also I wouldn't change the freedom of feeling the wind on my face, the sensation of flying tro the air to be inside a cabin like on a sailplane.

So you wouldn't sacrifice the feeling of flying with the wind in your face, but your plan is for wingsuiters to sacrifice the feeling of flying our bodies for the performance of flying with a rigid frame?

How about you actually go and learn to skydive and learn to fly wingsuits (like you said you were going to do 2.5 years ago) and then decide what's important in wingsuit design?

I don't think that is entirely accurate, or that she is entirely wrong. Forget the rigid frame and extending far beyond the hands, and replace that with a retractable rod attached to the forearm. When extended, it pulls out an extension to the wing, maybe a foot or so. This could be built into the gripper like a window shade. Retract the rod to deploy.

Soaring? No, but some improvement I think, and if it happens, I'd say Giselle predicted it. (And me, lol.)
But what do I know?

No offense to any of the 'revolutionairy' thinkers predicting the future...but perhaps read into history a bit, and look up Leo Valentin and Clem Sohns motivations and hopes for the future with their initial designs....
Most of the drivel in here is predated by old and new wingsuit designs. Featuring the same 'idea's' already 5, 10 to 80 years old.

Much like said before. Perhaps actually getting into the discipline instead of shouting from the side-line would benefit everyone..

That and learning how to edit posts, so you dont repost 500 line quotes with a mere added 'I predicted that 2 years ago' at the bottom...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I don't think that is entirely accurate, or that she is entirely wrong. Forget the rigid frame and extending far beyond the hands, and replace that with a retractable rod attached to the forearm. When extended, it pulls out an extension to the wing, maybe a foot or so. This could be built into the gripper like a window shade. Retract the rod to deploy.

She claims that everything she predicted is already happening. Is that happening? No.

I can also exactly imagine her next post, as well as her never actually experiencing the actual flying of a wingsuit and feeling of flying your body as opposed to rigid frames *cough* hangglider...but I attribute all those statements more to 'stating the obvious' as opposed to 'predicting the future'.:D

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Guys, guys, guys ... you just need to think about it. Physically we're different than birds but we both use the same physics so we just need to change the physics we use and we can fly like birds. It's so simple, I said we would do it years ago, we're almost doing it. Sure, you call them hang gliders now but all you have to do is call them wing suits and then I'm right. I'm almost right. I know what I'm talking about, I'm a genius and I read about the subject on the internet.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Guys, guys, guys ... you just need to think about it. Physically we're different than birds but we both use the same physics so we just need to change the physics we use and we can fly like birds. It's so simple, I said we would do it years ago, we're almost doing it. Sure, you call them hang gliders now but all you have to do is call them wing suits and then I'm right. I'm almost right. I know what I'm talking about, I'm a genius and I read about the subject on the internet.

I never called myself a genius, not my style, how sad some you guys can be? Seriously.

For the 20th time, a hangglider as the name says you hang under the wing, a semi rigid wingsuit still a wingsuit.

It s not a problem for the fly itself to have rigid part, but for the exit (plane or cliff) and especially the parachute opening.
Vampire have already rigid part in the leg wing and it s still a wingsuit. But rigid wing like Rossi's one it s not anymore (even without engine) that i call a wingsuit.
Anyway, i m not sure i still like wingsuit just as much now if we can fly 3hrs, take termal, etc.
If i want this kind of fly i go to do paragliding