5.samadhi

modding Wingsuit smaller armwings relative to leg wing?

Who is good enough to say that they will never have an unintentional odd body position immediately prior to pulling on a BASE jump which causes their arm wing to obscure the clump of PC???

Pretty much any wingsuit jumper with a decent amount of experience. IF you are worried about not being able to deploy, then (1) get a smaller suit (2) stick to airplane jumps and pull high. You will get more experience, and you will realize how silly the question above looks, no offense.

I just had a thought, that kind of tripped me out, what if this thought process I am on now saves my life eventually? What if instead of jumping the vampire unmodded I research and innovate and modify my suit and find not much performance loss, but a return in ease of pulling...and what if it saves my life on a split second pull on a BASE jump? Not an aircraft jump where I pull at 4,000' but on a BASE jump over talus where I am pulling at 300 feet???

Not sure if this is a strange joke or what, but it's pretty funny either way. Can a student take a Velocity 90 on his first skydive and "save his life" ahead of time by changing his brake settings to make it harder to unintentionally stall the canopy? Anything is possible (like "winning" at Russian Roulette), but it is a very very strange definition of a "life save." If the student was really worried about his own life he would not take the Velocity up in the first place.

Do you recommend this as a safe experiment to gain knowledge about wingsuit dynamics (temporarily removing the gripper and tacking the suit's armwings to resemble the shadow ie smaller than the vampire and gripperless).

No. The best way to gain knowledge about wingsuit dynamics is to pick a popular and well-designed beginner suit, and jump the fuck out of it, until you realize that you can do everything you ever wanted without modding the suit, including the most basic (and just slightly important) task: deployment. Go watch superterminal, one of the first really impressive proximity flight videos I saw, years ago. Most of them were wearing tracking suits. Not even wingsuits. The task of designing (of which modifying is a subset) a wingsuit, or test jumping a new/modified design, is reserved for someone who already understands wingsuit dynamics.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Ok noone is telling you what you want to hear so i will. if i was gonna mod your suit i woul be leaving a phantom sized gripper and clipping the corner like s6/gti (this should have a nice easy pull without loosing to much of the armwing i have always found the s6 to be easier to boc than big handle types though if i were you and my plan was base i would always be jumping the legpouch regardless)de maybe even change the angle of the gripper so it doesnt point outwards to much this should hopefully have you being able to fly handsfree without the gripper flapping (another mod i would be doing is adding a zp sleeve so air in the wing cannot leak into the body not sure if the legwing is vented to the body/legs but if it is this should also be plugged.

Goodluck there is a modded v1/2 on the ready to go video he leaves a phantom type gripper but has the trailing edge straight to the body seems to fly nice no sure but he might have shortened the legwing extension to check it out.

Also - 20 wingsuit jumps is not much experience. You're still learning the basics of how to fly it. Whether you have Mad Skillz or not, your performance will have improved in 20 jumps, and in another 20 after that. Even if you mod the suit and fuck it up you might get better performance just because you have more experience.
I'm all for experimenting but I don't see that there is much point in doing it at 20 WS jumps - unless you have a spare V2 of the same size that you can compare with the modded one.