ShcShc11

World Wing-Suit League: Wingsuit Proximity race?

In China talking about the birth of the World Wing-Suit League. It is going to be the first real wing-suit proximity race ever :) 16 of the worlds best pilots all competing for big money :)

-Jeb Corliss

So how do you guys imagine the wingsuit race will be? If you weigh more, don't you technically go "faster" than someone lighter?

Would be a great step forward if this somehow works out. :)

Cheers!
Shc

When I read "race" I think "fastest, or shortest time". If the concept was proxy flying competition, then longest, closest, or most artistic, best line, etc, would all valid judging criteria.

Two means of having a WS proxy speed contest come to mind:

1. Find terrain that would accommodate a course that to get the fastest time would require proxy flying at least at a few key points.

2. Lay out gates like a ski downhill course or pylons like the Red Bull Air Races that competitors would have to fly between and not over.
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".

"Faster" doesn't equate to farther nor longer. All three are possible means of determining results.

Doesn't mean that would be all/part/none of the judging criteria.
You could also put a 24" stick (with chalk on the end) in the hand of every competitor and whoever had the longest/most/consistent marks on the wall wins.
Seems to be a lot of potential competitive angles available.
The wingsuit video games have gates (much like you suggest); balloons (with no cameramen present) to mark the gates?:P

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/467712_403167479726211_1901522099_o.jpg

''The first course for the first World Wing-Suit League proximity race :) Will be the first wing-suit race with turns :)'' -Jeb

Cheers!
Shc

Thats is going to be something as fiercely competitive, dangerous and exiting as the Pod-Racing scenes from Starwars Espisode I ;)

Hi guys,

first I thought when I saw the Messages from Jeb and the Info that probably Red Bull will be sponsor that the idea was born with the advertised, but not yet finish movie "Human flight 3D". In the preview they talk about the "Wild world wingsuit championship" and it is "all about proximity flying". I always thought why are they waiting such a long time to finish the movie and bring it into the cinemas. Maybe they want to combine both. WWL and the outcome of human flight 3d as one big marketing compain?

What do you think?

Blue skies,
Matt

Thats is going to be something as fiercely competitive, dangerous and exiting as the Pod-Racing scenes from Starwars Espisode I ;)

there is no Episode 1 in Star Wars. Only 4,5 and 6 are known to exist. There is a Christmas special and Han shot first
There are no dangerous dives
Only dangerous divers