medusa

Guinness World Record

Hi Everyone,

So is official, We where able to break the 3 Guinness World records we where attempting.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=335820606486310&set=a.333520503382987.73435.333135326754838&type=1&theater

As I promise, Im releasing all the data and footage. Im doing this in an attempt to get people to release their footage and data openly to the community so we can evaluate results.

On April 20 and 21, 2012 in the department of La Guajira in Colombia, Jhonathan Florez broke three world records in wingsuit flight. Florez jumped from more than ten miles high (35.000 Ft) with temperatures of -45 degrees to break the
following records:

• Greatest distance flown in a wing suit. Florez achieved 16.31 miles, the earlier record was 14.04 miles.
• Longest freefall time. Florez flew for 9 minutes 6 seconds, the earlier record was 6 minutes.
• Longest total distance traveled while in freefall. Florez achieved 17.52 miles, the earlier record was 16.06 miles.

In order to achieve these new records, the support of: Coldeportes and Indportes Antioquia, The Colombian Army / Aviation Division, La Asociacion Protectoras del Soldado.

We also had support from private companies such as: Tony Suits (Wing Suits), GoPro (Cameras), Tonfly (Helmets), United Parachute Technology (Containers), Flysight (GPS), Spy Optics (Glasses & Googles), Cypres (AAD), Larsen &
Brusgaard (Audible & Altimeter).

I will be submit the raw video in about a week due to commitments of exclusivity with other projects.

Thanks allot JF
Medusa

Get Killed or Die Trying!
Patent pending ATFK15456

Past WS records.

Some of the fallowing records are posted as un-official or unknown due to two factors:
A ) No entity or organizations had stand by the results or endorse the claim.
B ) There is no sufficient evidence to support the claim. GPS Data or complete uninterrupted raw footage of the jump.
At no point we are attempting to discredit any of the people feature in the un-official or unknown record, we are simply stating the fact that the record have not yet been approved by an organization or we have fail to find the GPS supportive data or the complete raw supportive footage.
Medusa

Get Killed or Die Trying!
Patent pending ATFK15456

First of congrats. The video you showed looked like a massive physical undertaking, as well as a cold and exhausting thing to endure!
Massive congrats.

About the previous attempts. Several are noted as 'no evidence' jumps. But for sure, ive seen the odd bits and bobs pass on the webs the last few years.

Aside from thinking my name doesnt even need to be in that doc. What Mike did on the same jump was more impressive, with a smaller suit (Stealth1). The video can be found at the end of this edit https://vimeo.com/24674600 (16:20 up to 22 minutes or so).

I know the UK attempt (Andy Ford/Fraser Corsan) also had complete video/GPS coveredge but wasnt submitted to guiness at the time out of respect for Adrian Nicholas record.

Several of the unverified long jumps will probably supply either video or GPS data at request.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?