Birdman_Mike

Gary Connery's Wingsuit Landing in Boxes

To be honest this is a pretty sad poll from an experienced jumper, we are all big boys and to come up with a poll that offers paralysis options and death in addition to surviving is bad taste and poor judgment. I am sure he is well aware of the risks as we all our. But a poll really, what exactly do you hope to achieve a told you so if he has an issue?
Dont just talk about it, Do it!

Let's get a nice sample size to see the fair odds of these outcomes, if we were to wager bets B|

-Purple Mike

Classless thread to post, but I already know exactly what will happen. He will hype the crap out of it (just like Jeb) for as long as possible, and then he will jump but pull his chute and back out last minute. I honestly hope he doesnt do it. I dont see this ending well. But if he does go for it, best of luck.

I wouldn't blame him for backing out.

Regardless of a soft landing or not, your body going 120mph then suddenly stopping within feet is not going to be nice on your body.

Only way to "safely" do it is by putting a catch net on top of train, then have that train travel the same speed as the wingsuit pilot, land in the net. Train stops. Wahla.

I don't know why people get so offended by mikes question?

Judging by the amount of people who have already answered, it is obvious that there are some people out there who believe that his poll is not that damaging or tasteless.

I can tell by my own experience that getting involved in high stress projects like this, questions like the ones mike is posting are not that far off. We height the possibilities and the ones mike has presented are not far off.

I really think people should apply some vagisil extra strength and try to answer the poll and stop being such trolls.

JF
Medusa

Get Killed or Die Trying!
Patent pending ATFK15456

If he hits the boxes he will probably survive for the life flight to the hospital.

Looks like he is walking around and drinking champagne to me.

It's almost as if he has a lot of experience crashing into boxes and knew what he was doing!
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

If he hits the boxes he will probably survive for the life flight to the hospital.

Looks like he is walking around and drinking champagne to me.

It's almost as if he has a lot of experience crashing into boxes and knew what he was doing!

I had a 50/50 chance of being right.;)

I predict that wing-suiters are going to work - the night shift - at cardboard box factories - for less than minimum wage.
Rejection rates will increase dramatically, but waste rates will decrease dramatically.

I predict that wing-suiters will be arrested for prowling back alleys and stealing used cardboard boxes. Some will get so desperate that they will steal household appliances, discard the appliances, but run off with the boxes.

I predict that wing-suiters will use twitter to organize BYOB (Bring Your Own Box) flash-mobs at DZs. DZOs will be left wondering how to dispose of a hundred - slightly used - boxes.

I predict that BASE jumpers will start working for landscaping companies - for less than minimum wage.
Landscaping company owners will brag that they have dramatically reduced the amount of lawn waste taken to the municipal dump.
Meanwhile, huge piles of leaves will mysteriously accumulate below popular Buildings, Antennas, Spans and Earth ... er ... cliffs.