kevin922

N3 failure to read dive?

This weekend I did a "performance" jump (i.e. straight shot back to the dz 3 miles away)... the jump lasted 213 seconds from 14k down to 3,500 or so based off the video, however the neptune n3 (V 6.0.3 a) showed it as a 10 second dive with a deployment of 12,500 feet. I got out at around 14K so i'm assuming i was hitting some of my slowest speeds around 12k. According to Alti's site this is the most recent firmware.

I didn't have any other audible or recording device. For those who are getting super long times and low fall rates, what devices are you using that reliably record the data??

Kevin

I've just read your data into paralog.

If you double click on the jump profile you can see where the canopy ride starts by the change in the rate of descent in the altitude (the red line)

At 102 seconds your fall rate peaks at 78mph so this is probably where you are opening - where the fall rate (dark blue line) crosses the altitude line (red line) at 105.3 seconds is probably where you are open. Click on the altitude (red line) there then right click and from the "set here" menu that is displayed click on "open"

(see attached screenshot)

This will update paralog with the correct freefall time.

Does that make sense ??
Jump more, post less.

I have a bunch of 3 second delays using my flysight so now I rely on my camera for accurate time

What are you doing to calculate freefall speeds?? this kinda blows that the device isn't working right.

It works fine, only the delay was affected on a few jumps! No idea what might have caused it